VPN apps are quite useful, protecting your identity on your mobile device when surfing the web on public Wi-Fi or mobile networks. However, like every software, VPNs are also susceptible to flaws and attacks. There are also rogue applications that harm your device’s privacy and your personal information. That being said, reading this article probably means that you want to uninstall, delete or remove a particular VPN app from your iPhone, for one reason or another. We will explain how to do this in the following paragraphs.
The second part of the article is dedicated to removing apps that users have reported as rogue or suspicious, or have displayed some other type of unwanted behavior. If you have suspicions about a VPN app you have downloaded from the Apple store or another third-party store, please leave a comment below the article. We will check whether the said app is malicious or not, and depending on the results, we will include it in our report.
How to Uninstall a VPN App on an iPhone (iOS Device)
To do this, you have a couple of options: uninstalling the VPN app and deleting the profile associated with it. Let’s see how to proceed with either.
Many users choose to download such an app from the Apple store to protect their identities while browsing on a public Wi-Fi or a mobile network. Another reason for using a VPN app is being able to reach certain content not accessible in specific countries. Despite being useful, you may find out later that you need to remove the app, or reset your device. Whatever the reason is, you can uninstall the app from your iPhone by following these simple steps:
- 1.First, find the app in the menus;
- 2.Press and hold down on the VPN’s icon;
- 3.Click the small X in the app’s top left corner;
- 4.Click on the delete button;
That’s it – you have now uninstalled the application.
How to Delete Your VPN’s Profile
You may have created a VPN profile in your iPhone’s settings. Note that some providers allow users to create their own profiles, but in other cases registering a profile is not necessary. If you have created a profile, you can delete it by following these steps.
- 1.Open the Settings app from your iPhone’s menus.
- 2.Select General, and then Profile.
- 3.Locate the VPN profile of the app you want to remove.
- 4.Click on the red “Delete Profile” button located at the bottom.
The job is done – your profile should be deleted!
The second part of the article is dedicated to removing apps that users have reported as rogue or suspicious, or have displayed some other type of unwanted behavior. You can find information on removing specific VPN apps below.
How to Remove VPN Jungle Protect
If you have VPN Jungle Protect on your device and you want to cancel your subscriptions, continue reading. Please note that this app is not malicious. The reason some users have been looking for ways to remove it is billing.
If you wish to cancel your subscription on your iPhone or iPad for this particular service, follow the steps below. These steps will help you cancel the subscription “at the root to avoid any and all mediums “REM DEVELOPMENT” (the developer) uses to bill you,” as JustUseApp explains.
- 1.Open the settings app and click on on your name.
- 2.Select the “Subscriptions” tab. If you don’t see this tab immediately, click on iTunes & Appstore.
- 3.Click on your Apple ID. Check the Apple ID, then sign in, and go to the “Subscriptions” button.
- 4.Click on VPN Jungle Protect (subscription).
- 5.Click on Cancel. If you don’t see the Cancel subscription button immediately, it may have been cancelled already.
You should not worry – the subscription for VPN Jungle Protect should not be renewed again.
Note. We will be updating this article with other apps reported by users.