Have you encountered This Process is Completed while browsing on your Mac device? If this is the case you are experiencing, it is highly likely that you have been affected by an adware program. Reports indicate that This Process is Completed is an ad-supported application that deceptively claims to provide shopping coupons and to notify users about special offers and discounts. Even though this may seem like a useful application to keep on your system, keep in mind that it may compromise it in various ways. If you have This Process is Completed installed on your Mac, keep in mind that you will be seeing intrusive pop-up advertisements. Interacting with these ads is also considered unsafe, because they may redirect you to sites hosting more serious malware samples.
You may have thought that your Mac is bullet-proof against malware infections of all types, but the truth is somewhat different.
For a device, as expensive as Apple Macs are, one would expect to get an above average cybersecurity protection from unwanted malicious software. Unfortunately, it turns out that it is not that difficult at all to compromise Mac’s security defenses. Malicious intentions are not so hard to carry out if an attacker decides to do so, say “sign” a malicious software with a valid Apple developer certificate, in effect bypassing Apple’s Gatekeeper security program at the mere cost of $99.
|Name||This Process is Completed|
|Short Description||Aims to modify the settings on your web browser in order to get it to cause browser redirects and display different advertisements.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser begins to display various types of online advertisements, which results in slowing down of your PC.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss This Process is Completed.|
This Process is Completed Mac Virus Description
It should be noted that This Process is Completed has an official website where it can be downloaded from. However, downloading the app from there is the most unlikely scenario. In most cases, such adware apps are distributed via bundling it with other programs, for monetizing reasons. If the user doesn’t pay enough attention, he or she may end up installing the app alongside a piece of other, legitimate software as you can see below:
Keep in mind that bundled applications are usually not disclosed properly, or not in a way where the user will instantly notice them. So, the only option you have is to be extra careful during installation and to fully read the download agreement, as well as pay attention to the custom or advanced settings.
Another possible infiltration for This Process is Completed is if you have clicked on a dubious advertisement or link within a spam email message which led to the installation of this adware.
If you are witnessing intrusive and unwanted ads when opening your browser, you have definitely been affected by This Process is Completed. You may also notice that your settings are changed or that more system resources are employed. The This Process is Completed may have modified your web browsers by altering various settings such as the home page, search engine and new tabs page. You should also be aware that, due to the fact that the installations happen through browser applications, the adware operators can obtain all data stored therein, such as cookies, bookmarks, history, settings, and any stored account credentials.
Other system changes associated with This Process is Completed may be the following:
- Boot Modifications — The adware can become quite persistent by modifying your system’s boot settings. This means that it will start automatically once your Mac boots and it might interfere with other services and applications.
- Trojan Component Installation — It should be mentioned that some adware instances can even include a Trojan module which can be used to take over control of the infected hosts. This is usually done by setting up a secure connection to a special server. It can be used to monitor user behavior, steal user files, or take over control of the system.
This Process is Completed Removal Steps
In order to remove the annoying This Process is Completed from your Mac and to put an end to the intrusive ads, you should complete all the steps listed in the removal manual below. You are presented with both manual and automatic removal instructions that combined will help you to remove the intrusive adware program.
Before starting to follow the steps below, be advised that you should first do the following preparations:
- Backup your files in case the worst happens.
- Make sure to have a device with these instructions on standy.
- Arm yourself with patience.
Step 1: Uninstall This Process is Completed and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove This Process is Completed via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Remove This Process is Completed – related extensions from Safari / Chrome / Firefox
Step 3: Scan for and remove This Process is Completed files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as This Process is Completed, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.