Cassiopesa.com is а search engine, which experts classify as a browser hijacker. Cassiopesa.com is ad-supported and injects third-party marketing content in the web pages viewed by the user. The questionable search provider is known to modify the current browser settings on the affected machine, lead to poor browser and system performance and keep track of the user’s browsing routine. Performing searches with Cassiopesa.com is not advisory because the users will be presented with altered search results and may be linked to suspicious web pages. Malware experts recommend the removal of Cassiopesa.com for security reasons.
Cassiopesa.com – Distribution
Cassiopesa.com can infiltrate the user’s system as an optional component in freeware bundles. This technique is often employed by software developers and is seen as legitimate. The issue with “bundling” is that the additional element is disclosed in a misleading manner in the typical installation options, and PC users have no clue that other software will also be installed. We recommend selecting the Advanced options where you can deselect any optional components.
Cassiopesa.com – Symptoms
- Upon installation, Cassiopesa.com changes the current browser settings assigning itself as a default search provider. This way as the user performs any searches with the Cassiopesa.com, he is presented with manipulated search results and gets linked to predetermined third-party pages with potentially unverified content.
- Cassiopesa.com may insert a number of online ads in the web pages the user views. Third-party advertising content is considered as a potential risk for the affected system. Users may land on corrupt web pages and install malware on their PCs without even realizing it.
- Cassiopesa.com may also track personally non-identifiable information on the compromised machine and use it for marketing purposes.
Cassiopesa.com – Removal Manual
You can remove Cassiopesa.com manually or with the help of a competent anti-malware tool. Although the search engine is not malicious, its drawbacks outweigh its benefits, so security experts recommend its immediate removal in order to keep your system safe.
The removal manual below will help you delete Cassiopesa.com from your computer permanently.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter
- Guide 1: How to Remove Cassiopesa.com from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Cassiopesa.com from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Cassiopesa.com from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Cassiopesa.com from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Cassiopesa.com from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Cassiopesa.com from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Cassiopesa.com from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Cassiopesa.com from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Cassiopesa.com
Step 2: Uninstall Cassiopesa.com and related software from Windows
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Cassiopesa.com on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Cassiopesa.com there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Cassiopesa.com from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Cassiopesa.com and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Cassiopesa.com via Step 1 above:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Cassiopesa.com files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Cassiopesa.com, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Cassiopesa.com from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Cassiopesa.com from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Cassiopesa.com from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Cassiopesa.com from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Cassiopesa.com will be removed.
Eliminate Cassiopesa.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.