Worm:Win32/Mogoogwi.A!lnk, also known as Mogoogwi, is a computer worm that tries to use Windows Autorun in order to spread through portable drives. Worms are usually distributed via malicious email attachments or by duplicating themselves to removable drives or network folders.
How Does Mogoogwi Affect Your PC?
Once in the targeted system, Mogoogwi creates random files and Registry keys and is capable of concealing itself on other files. The worm can also alter the Internet settings on your computer and even deactivate your connection to the Web.
Through Worm:Win32/Mogoogwi.A!lnk third parties can gain control over your machine and do as they please.
What to Do If Your Computer Is Infected With Mogoogwi?
If your PC has been invaded by the Mogoogwi worm, you need to deactivate Autorun in order to prevent the dissemination of the threat.
The next step is to scan your removable drives, and then run a full scan of your system to detect and remove any other threats that Mogoogwi may have installed on the computer.
Follow the steps below to delete Mogoogwi from your PC permanently.
1. Start Your PC in Safe Mode to Remove Mogoogwi.
1. Remove all CDs and DVDs, and then Restart your PC from the “Start” menu.
– For PCs with a single operating system: Press “F8” repeatedly after the first boot screen shows up during the restart of your computer. In case the Windows logo appears on the screen, you have to repeat the same task again.
– For PCs with multiple operating systems: Тhe arrow keys will help you select the operating system you prefer to start in Safe Mode. Press “F8” just as described for a single operating system.
3. As the “Advanced Boot Options” screen appears, select the Safe Mode option you want using the arrow keys. As you make your selection, press “Enter“.
4. Log on to your computer using your administrator account
While your computer is in Safe Mode, the words “Safe Mode” will appear in all four corners of your screen.
2. Remove Mogoogwi automatically with Spy Hunter Malware – Removal Tool.
It is highly recommended to run a system scan before purchasing the full version of the software to make sure that the current version of the malware can be detected by SpyHunter.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool