Worm:Win32/Mogoogwi.A!lnk, also known as Mogoogwi, is a computer worm that tries to use Windows Autorun in order to spread through portable drives. Worms are usually distributed via malicious email attachments or by duplicating themselves to removable drives or network folders.
How Does Mogoogwi Affect Your PC?
Once in the targeted system, Mogoogwi creates random files and Registry keys and is capable of concealing itself on other files. The worm can also alter the Internet settings on your computer and even deactivate your connection to the Web.
Through Worm:Win32/Mogoogwi.A!lnk third parties can gain control over your machine and do as they please.
What to Do If Your Computer Is Infected With Mogoogwi?
If your PC has been invaded by the Mogoogwi worm, you need to deactivate Autorun in order to prevent the dissemination of the threat.
The next step is to scan your removable drives, and then run a full scan of your system to detect and remove any other threats that Mogoogwi may have installed on the computer.
Follow the steps below to delete Mogoogwi from your PC permanently.
1. Start Your PC in Safe Mode to Remove Mogoogwi.
1. Remove all CDs and DVDs, and then Restart your PC from the “Start” menu.
– For PCs with a single operating system: Press “F8” repeatedly after the first boot screen shows up during the restart of your computer. In case the Windows logo appears on the screen, you have to repeat the same task again.
– For PCs with multiple operating systems: Тhe arrow keys will help you select the operating system you prefer to start in Safe Mode. Press “F8” just as described for a single operating system.
3. As the “Advanced Boot Options” screen appears, select the Safe Mode option you want using the arrow keys. As you make your selection, press “Enter“.
4. Log on to your computer using your administrator account
While your computer is in Safe Mode, the words “Safe Mode” will appear in all four corners of your screen.
2. Remove Mogoogwi automatically with Spy Hunter Malware – Removal Tool.
It is highly recommended to run a system scan before purchasing the full version of the software to make sure that the current version of the malware can be detected by SpyHunter.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
- Guide 1: How to Remove Mogoogwi from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Mogoogwi from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Mogoogwi from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Mogoogwi from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Mogoogwi from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Mogoogwi from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Mogoogwi from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Mogoogwi from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Mogoogwi
Step 2: Uninstall Mogoogwi and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Mogoogwi on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Mogoogwi there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Mogoogwi from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Mogoogwi and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Mogoogwi via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Mogoogwi files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Mogoogwi, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Mogoogwi from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Mogoogwi from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Mogoogwi from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Mogoogwi from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Mogoogwi will be removed.
Eliminate Mogoogwi from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.