|Name||SoftPlanet Software Assistant|
|Type||PUP, PUA, adware|
|Short Description||The application may be suitable with Windows and may interact with Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer.|
|Symptoms||Intrusive advertisements, install of other applications.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling or from freeware providers.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By SoftPlanet Software Assistant|
Be careful in case you have installed SoftPlanet Software Assistant on your computer – it may just flood it with different ad-supported programs. One day your PC may be okay and the other – it may not be able to run properly because of the enormous amount of advertisements and applications on your computer. Experts advise removing this Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) as fast as possible from your computer because it may be indirectly dangerous to the information in it.
SoftPlanet Software Assistant – How Did I Get It?
You may have been deceived that this software assistant may do something different than you expected and downloaded it deliberately. But such unwanted programs are mostly distributed via slick marketing methods, one of which is bundling. It involves the insertion of SoftPlanet Software Assistant in other free program installers you may have downloaded online. Such can be your favorable media player you watch movies with, torrent program, converting software, youtube downloading program, etc.
SoftPlanet Software Assistant In Detail
This software is believed to be bundled in the setups of reputable applications downloaded from third-party websites. More to it, it is also reported to run a suspicious process, going by the name spassinst.exe in the background of Windows OSs. Also, the app is regarded as unsafe since some users report it to download other software to the user PC. And some users had even reported that when ran this particular application begun displaying a command prompt and ran as a process without doing anything useful at all.
Also, such bloated applications may:
- Increase your OSs start up time to even minutes.
- Destabilize your system and make it almost impossible to use.
- Run many other unauthorized programs in the background.
- Ask users to pay for a ‘cleanup’ of the problems it has caused.
- Significantly reduce the browsing experience of the user.
- Displaying pop-ups that interfere with the user’s both experience and attention.
Cyber-criminals have increased developing software that resembles something legitimate to convince users either to install it and give away vital info or to make them pay for licensed versions of it. Either way, these crooks will stop at nothing to gain profit even in the worst case scenario. This is why security experts advise daily average PC users with less experience to:
- Download their favorite programs from their official and authorized websites.
- Look for the publishers of software they are installing and always check it on google. Some publishers have a long history record of developing unwanted programs.
- Always run an advanced installation. In most cases, this will allow them to detect any applications slipping by in their PCs.
- Make sure to check the EULA agreement because it may include a lot of surprising features that may be yet to be discovered later at the user’s expense. One good tool for this is called EULAlyzer. It may include any words you set it to search for in an EULA and may speed up the process for you.
- Do not in any circumstance fast-click through the installation pages.
Removing SoftPlanet Software Assistant
To delete this and other unwanted programs it may have brought on your PC, you should refer to the step-by-step uninstallation manual below. Also, make sure you find yourself a safe and reliable anti-malware program and a registry clean-up tool because who knows how many objects on your computer may be left over after you manually delete this PUP. Bear in mind that having an advanced anti-malware software you significantly decrease the chance of getting infected by viruses in the future.
Step 1: Remove/Uninstall SoftPlanet Software Assistant in Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps to remove that program. No matter if you are using Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program get left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, mistakes with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Select the program that you want to remove, and press “Uninstall” (fig.3).
Follow the instructions above and you will successfully uninstall SoftPlanet Software Assistant.
Step 2: Remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant automatically by downloading an advanced anti-malware program.
To clean your computer you should download an updated anti-malware program on a safe PC and then install it on the affected computer in offline mode. After that you should boot into safe mode and scan your computer to remove all SoftPlanet Software Assistant associated objects.