|Name||SoftPlanet Software Assistant|
|Type||PUP, PUA, adware|
|Short Description||The application may be suitable with Windows and may interact with Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer.|
|Symptoms||Intrusive advertisements, install of other applications.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling or from freeware providers.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By SoftPlanet Software Assistant|
Be careful in case you have installed SoftPlanet Software Assistant on your computer – it may just flood it with different ad-supported programs. One day your PC may be okay and the other – it may not be able to run properly because of the enormous amount of advertisements and applications on your computer. Experts advise removing this Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) as fast as possible from your computer because it may be indirectly dangerous to the information in it.
SoftPlanet Software Assistant – How Did I Get It?
You may have been deceived that this software assistant may do something different than you expected and downloaded it deliberately. But such unwanted programs are mostly distributed via slick marketing methods, one of which is bundling. It involves the insertion of SoftPlanet Software Assistant in other free program installers you may have downloaded online. Such can be your favorable media player you watch movies with, torrent program, converting software, youtube downloading program, etc.
SoftPlanet Software Assistant In Detail
This software is believed to be bundled in the setups of reputable applications downloaded from third-party websites. More to it, it is also reported to run a suspicious process, going by the name spassinst.exe in the background of Windows OSs. Also, the app is regarded as unsafe since some users report it to download other software to the user PC. And some users had even reported that when ran this particular application begun displaying a command prompt and ran as a process without doing anything useful at all.
Also, such bloated applications may:
- Increase your OSs start up time to even minutes.
- Destabilize your system and make it almost impossible to use.
- Run many other unauthorized programs in the background.
- Ask users to pay for a ‘cleanup’ of the problems it has caused.
- Significantly reduce the browsing experience of the user.
- Displaying pop-ups that interfere with the user’s both experience and attention.
Cyber-criminals have increased developing software that resembles something legitimate to convince users either to install it and give away vital info or to make them pay for licensed versions of it. Either way, these crooks will stop at nothing to gain profit even in the worst case scenario. This is why security experts advise daily average PC users with less experience to:
- Download their favorite programs from their official and authorized websites.
- Look for the publishers of software they are installing and always check it on google. Some publishers have a long history record of developing unwanted programs.
- Always run an advanced installation. In most cases, this will allow them to detect any applications slipping by in their PCs.
- Make sure to check the EULA agreement because it may include a lot of surprising features that may be yet to be discovered later at the user’s expense. One good tool for this is called EULAlyzer. It may include any words you set it to search for in an EULA and may speed up the process for you.
- Do not in any circumstance fast-click through the installation pages.
Removing SoftPlanet Software Assistant
To delete this and other unwanted programs it may have brought on your PC, you should refer to the step-by-step uninstallation manual below. Also, make sure you find yourself a safe and reliable anti-malware program and a registry clean-up tool because who knows how many objects on your computer may be left over after you manually delete this PUP. Bear in mind that having an advanced anti-malware software you significantly decrease the chance of getting infected by viruses in the future.
Step 1: Remove/Uninstall SoftPlanet Software Assistant in Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps to remove that program. No matter if you are using Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program get left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, mistakes with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Select the program that you want to remove, and press “Uninstall” (fig.3).
Follow the instructions above and you will successfully uninstall SoftPlanet Software Assistant.
Step 2: Remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant automatically by downloading an advanced anti-malware program.
To clean your computer you should download an updated anti-malware program on a safe PC and then install it on the affected computer in offline mode. After that you should boot into safe mode and scan your computer to remove all SoftPlanet Software Assistant associated objects.
- Guide 1: How to Remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant
Step 2: Uninstall SoftPlanet Software Assistant and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by SoftPlanet Software Assistant on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by SoftPlanet Software Assistant there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall SoftPlanet Software Assistant and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove malware from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts, programs and malware, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. Combo Cleaner offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the SoftPlanet Software Assistant will be removed.
Eliminate SoftPlanet Software Assistant from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.