|Name||Ads by GraphiteTinker|
|Type||Ad-supported browser extension|
|Short Description||Ads by GraphiteTinker may have been brought by a PUP.|
|Symptoms||The display of Ads by GraphiteTinker.|
|Distribution Method||Via bundling, unsafe browsing, fake software updates, etc.|
|Detection tool||Download SpyHunter, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By Ads by GraphiteTinker|
Once a potentially unwanted application has entered the system, the user may start seeing unwanted advertisements. This is the most likely explanation for the sudden appearance of Ads by GraphiteTinker on the browser. Clicking on the ads may not be a good idea since they may redirect to predefined pages employed for phishing or loaded with adware.
Ads by GraphiteTinker Distribution Path
Nowadays, adware seems to be everywhere. So, the question is: what do users do to get affected so easily? The answer is very simple – they are not being careful enough while:
- Quickly going through the installation steps of freeware. By clicking ‘Next’ without reading the Download Agreement, users often make themselves targets to potentially unwanted programs.
- Browsing the Web and randomly clicking on suspicious Java/ Adobe updates. Such updates are designed to fill the system with adware, browser hijackers and PUPs.
One of the ways to narrow the possibility of adware infiltration is by selecting the Advanced/Custom option when installing freeware. However, this might not be true in all cases since third parties may use silent or unattended installers to spread riskware.
A silent installation takes place without the user’s knowledge. An unattended installation occurs without the need of user interaction. Even though more information is required to confirm the exact distribution technique of Ads by GraphiteTinker, users may want to remove them as soon as possible.
Ads by GraphiteTinker Threat Evaluation
Even though adware is not malicious and doesn’t pose a great risk to the system, it may increase its vulnerability. Moreover, we know enough about ad-supported software to conclude that:
- Adware often collects both PII and non-PII (personally identifiable and non-identifiable information).
- PUPs can apply tracking technologies on the browser – cookies, beacons, Flash cookies, unique identifiers, etc.
- Adware generates advertisements – pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, and may cause redirects to predefined pages.
Ads by GraphiteTinker Removal Manual
To remove all traces of the ad-supported program that brought Ads by GraphitTinker, the user may want to scan his system. Because adware often comes bundled with other PUPs, the complete elimination of Ads by GraphiteTinker may require the removal of more unwanted software. This said, adware can be located manually on the system but inexperienced users may find it challenging. Depending on your knowledge, you can either follow the steps provided below or proceed towards seeking professional help.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter