|Short Description||The threat is employed to download unwanted and malicious software onto the PC.|
|Symptoms||A mutex is created.|
|Distribution Method||Spam emails, unsafe browsing, etc.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi|
The Bladabindi malware family is well-known to security researchers. Bladabindi variants can be created via a hacker tool known as NJ Rat. Microsoft has detected the device as VirTool:MSIL/Bladabindi.A. We have already reported one threat of the Bladabindi kind – Backdoor:MSIL/Bladabindi.AJ. According to latest research, Backdoor:MSIL/Bladabindi.AJ can be dropped by a Trojan downloader detected as TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi. In this article, we are going to evaluate the danger level of the threat, and present you with removal and protection methods.
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi Technical Review
Trojan downloaders are typically used to drop various pieces of malware onto PCs.
As we already stated, TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi is most likely employed to distribute the Bladabindi Backdoor. Besides the backdoor, the threat can be deployed to spread other malware or potentially unwanted programs.
Once TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi has sneaked into the system, it can:
- Connect to a remote host – pastebin.com using port 80 (as reported by Microsoft Malware Protection Center).
- Connect to the Internet.
- Download and execute files.
- Receive instructions.
- Upload information from the victim’s PC.
- Validate a digital certificate.
Additionally, the threat can create a mutex such as:
The mutex can be used as an infection marker to avert other copies of the threat running on the infected system.
We have seen reports about multiple Trojan downloaders that are currently infecting PCs. Here is a list of recent malicious downloaders to keep away from:
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi Removal Options
Since the threat may have downloaded a range of unwanted or malicious software, removing it via a strong anti-malware
scanner is highly recommended. However, tech-savvy users can try and rid of the threat themselves. For that purpose, we have compiled several steps situated below the Trojan Downloader Prevention Tips.
Trojan Downloader Prevention Tips
Following the hints listed below may save you the trouble of dealing with malware and unwanted software:
- Avoid unsafe browsing.
- Avoid p2p file sharing.
- Use services such as VirusTotal to determine if a domain is malicious or not.
- Enable the Windows Firewall. An additional one can also be installed.
- Enhance your browser security settings to prevent random pop-up ads and social engineering scams like phishing.
- Don’t open emails from unknown senders, especially when you are prompted to click on an attached image or file.
Step 1: Start Your PC in Safe Mode to Remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi.
Removing TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi from Windows XP, Vista, 7 systems:
1. Remove all CDs and DVDs, and then Restart your PC from the “Start” menu.
– For PCs with a single operating system: Press “F8” repeatedly after the first boot screen shows up during the restart of your computer. In case the Windows logo appears on the screen, you have to repeat the same task again.
– For PCs with multiple operating systems: Тhe arrow keys will help you select the operating system you prefer to start in Safe Mode. Press “F8” just as described for a single operating system.
3. As the “Advanced Boot Options” screen appears, select the Safe Mode option you want using the arrow keys. As you make your selection, press “Enter“.
4. Log on to your computer using your administrator account
While your computer is in Safe Mode, the words “Safe Mode” will appear in all four corners of your screen.
Removing TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi from Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 systems:
Whilst holding down Shift button, click on Power and then click on Restart.
A menu will appear upon reboot. You should choose Safe Mode by pressing its corresponding number and the machine will restart and boot into Safe Mode so you can scan for and remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi.
Step 2: Remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi automatically by downloading an advanced anti-malware program.
To clean your computer you should download an updated anti-malware program on a safe PC and then install it on the affected computer in offline mode. After that you should boot into safe mode and scan your computer to remove all TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bladabindi associated objects.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter