What Is Coper?
Coper is the name of a dangerous malware, that may enter your Android device. This is the type of virus, that has been detected as a Trojan horse of a banking character. This means that it may end up on your device and silently stay there for a long time, while stealing your financial and personal details so that it can gain funds at your expense.
Read this article to learn more about Coper and what it is that you can do to remove the software from your machine.
|Short Description||May enter your device and steal crucial information from it.|
|Symptoms||You may see slow downs and other activities on your device.|
|Distribution Method||Via fake third-party apps or adverts.||User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Coper.|
Coper Virus – How Did I Get It
Coper good end up on your device via the following means:
- In case it is downloaded as some type of a third-party application that is outside Google Play Store.
- If your Android device has had a malicious script being injected on it as a result of tapping on a malicious link or a browser redirect.
- If an otherwise legitimate application has pushed a dangerous advertisement on your Android, that has redirected to a virus script page.
Coper Virus – What Does It Do?
Once Coper Android virus is already on your device, it may set up multiple objects that will be triggered to perform different malicious activities without you realizing, for example:
- Regular checks of the phone.
- Obtaining the phone’s contacts.
- Complete control of the SMS services.
- Complete control of the phone’s phone calls.
- Changing the malicious web server from which virus files are downloaded.
- Creating a lock screen on your device and showing a third-party web page.
- Running scripts that accumulate password and username info for different purposes.
- Switching off and or restarting a device.
This is why this malware should be immediately removed from your android if you detect it.
How to Remove Coper Malware from Android
To remove Coper malware from your Android, our main suggestion is that you follow the steps beneath. The guide has been created to safely help you get rid of this malware and stop it from coming back, but it is important to know that you need to back up all of your data at first.
Preparation before removal of malware.
Before starting the actual removal process, we recommend that you do the following preparation steps.
- Turn off your phone until you know how bad is the virus infection.
- Open these steps on another, safe device.
- Make sure to take out your SIM card, as the virus could corrupt it in some rare cases.
Step 1: Shut Down your phone to win some time
Shutting down your phone can be done by pressing and holding its power button and choosing shut down.
In case the virus does not let you do this, you can also try to remove the battery.
In case your battery is non-removable, you can try to drain it as fast as possible if you still have control over it.
Notes: This gives you time to see how bad the situation is and to be able to take out your SIM card safely, without the numbers in it to be erased. If the virus is on your computer, it is espeically dangerous to keep the sim card there.
Step 2: Turn on Safe Mode of your Android device.
For most Android devices, switching to Safe Mode is the same. Its done by following these mini-steps:
Step 3: Eliminate the App that Your Believe is the Virus
Usually Android viruses get masked in the form of applications. To eliminate apps, follow these mini-steps:
Step 4: Find Hidden Virus Files on Your Android Phone and Remove Them
Simply locate the virus and hold-tap on the virus file to delete it.