What is .pzdc files virus .pzdc files virus is also known as .pzdc ransomware and encrypts users’ files while asking for a ransom.
The .pzdc files virus is a dangerous ransomware which is being set against servers and uses the GnPG cipher in order to encrypt sensitive user data. At the moment there is no information about its source — it may be custom made by its operators or derived from any one of the existing and well-known families of threats. The .pzdc files virus is intended to make user data non-accessible to their owners and scam them into paying a decryption fee.
|Name||.pzdc files virus|
|Short Description||A data locker ransomware designed to damage computer systems and encrypt valuable personal files.|
|Symptoms||Important files are locked and renamed with the .pzdc extension. Ransom message insists on payment for a files decryption tool.|
|Distribution Method||Spam Emails, Email Attachments|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by .pzdc files virus |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss .pzdc files virus.|
|Data Recovery Tool||Windows Data Recovery by Stellar Phoenix Notice! This product scans your drive sectors to recover lost files and it may not recover 100% of the encrypted files, but only few of them, depending on the situation and whether or not you have reformatted your drive.|
.pzdc Files Virus – Distribution and Impact
The newly identified .pzdc files virus is currently being delivered worldwide using various methods. At this time it is not known who is behind the ransomware — it may be an individual hacker or a criminal collective. Such viruses are being distributed using the most popular tactics. The primary one is the use of email phishing messages alongside hacker-crafted sites. Both of them pose as safe sources and may contain addresses that sound similar to well-known services and companies.
The hackers may also choose to create virus carriers which can take various forms — from documents in all popular formats (the virus code is built-into their macros) to malicious installers of end user software. All of these files can be uploaded to the malware sites or alternatively to file-sharing networks like BitTorrent where pirate material is often found. If a larger attack is planned the then hackers may also choose to distribute browser hijackers which are dangerous plugins made for the most popular web browsers and are usually uploaded to their repositories with fake developer accounts.
As soon as an active .pzdc files virus infection is made common components will be called. If the behavior of this ransomare follows the other popular threats then the following modules may be called:
- Data Gathering — Ransomware files like this have the ability to harvest data that can expose both use identity and machine information. This is done by the engine which is commanded to extract strings that search for specific data in the memory and hard disk contents. The extracted sensitive information can be used for various crimes including identity theft and financial abuse. The machine metrics are commonly used for generating unique identifiers that are associated with each compromised host.
- Security Applications Bypass — Using the acquired information the criminals have the ability to enable a security bypass component. In most cases this affects the following applications: anti-virus programs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virtual machine hosts.
- Windows Registry Changes — The .pzdc files virus engine can create strings for itself or modify existing ones. This can lead to problems when running certain services, data loss or the unexpected display of errors.
- Persistent Installation — The .pzdc files virus can reconfigure the system in order to start itself as soon as the computer is started. In some cases this can lead to the inability to enter into some of the recovery options.
- Additional Payload Delivery — If configured so through this ransomware other threats can be deployed to the compromised system.
Depending on the individual configuration other actions can also take place. When everything has completed the actual file encryption will take place. Using a strong cipher target user data will be processed. In most cases this includes the most popular data: documents, backups, databases, archives, multimedia files and etc. A testing version release has been found to only encrypt databases.
To blackmail the victims into paying the criminals a “decryption fee”. The instructions are placed in a text file showing the relevant instructions in English and Russian. The file name is called 1_VIRUS_SHIFROVALSHIK.txt.
Remove .pzdc Files Virus and Attempt to Restore Data
The so-called .pzdc files virus is a threat with highly complex code that heavily damages both essential system settings and valuable data. So the only way to use your infected system securely again is to remove all malicious files and objects created by the ransomware. For the purpose, you could follow our step-by-step removal guide.
In the event that you want to attempt to restore .pzdc files with the help of alternative data recovery methods, do check step four – Try to Restore files encrypted by .pzdc Files Virus. We remind you to back up all encrypted files to an external drive before the recovery process.