A new type of Trojan has been detected to be going around infecting computers. The malware is a dropper type of Trojan horse which utilizes different malicious functions to install different malware on the victim’s computer. The malware reportedly uses a fake Flash Player installation process, called InstallFlashPlayer.exe which is running active in Windows Task Manager. If you want to learn more about how to identify if InstallFlashPlayer.exe is malware or legitimate and how to remove it if malware, we recommend that you read this article thoroughly.
|Short Description||Created to connect to remote hosts and drop various different types of viruses on the victims’ computers.|
|Symptoms||You may start seeing odd behavior on your screen.|
|Distribution Method||Via malicious web links or files, pretending to be legitimate programs or documents.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss InstallFlashPlayer.exe.|
InstallFlashPlayer.exe Virus – Distribution
The main method of infection used by this malware is as it’s name suggests, a fake flash player installer. Such files can land on your computer as a result of having adware or other ad-supported programs on your computer. One of the primary ways of getting victims to download the InstallFlashPlayer.exe is to convince them that their Flash Player needs an update, like the pop-up underneath shows:
Such pop-ups are often caused by an adware, running on your computer, which means that, your PC may be exposed to the following risks:
- Tracking cookies to be added to your browser in order to obtain private information and send it to third-parties.
- Monitoring your network activity and obtaining your browsing history.
- Slowing down your web browser and possibly affecting your PC’s performance.
- Generates various pop-up advertisements that may intrude your PC’s normal work.
- May highlight words from the sites you visit that lead to advertised sites.
- May change your web browser’s settings.
InstallFlashPlayer.exe –More Information
Once the InstallFlashPlayer.exe process is started and running on your PC, the Trojan may begin to act as any droper would and run actively in the background. It uses the name InstallFlashPlayer.exe to conceal it’s malicious activities, which may be to connect to remote hosts and drop malicious files on your computer. The malicious files, dropped on your computer as a result of InstallFlashPlayer.exe Trojan may be under different, often random names and may be located in the commonly targeted Windows files and folders:
The types of viruses that may be dropped by the InstallFlashPlayer.exe may be different, but one thing combines them – they are all out for your information or funds:
- [wplinkpreview url=”URLL”]Trojansthat may contain spyware elements that may track your keystrokes, obtain files, take screenshots, steal saved passwords.
- More adware infections that may keep pushing redirects.
- Ransomware viruses, like [wplinkpreview url=”https://sensorstechforum.com/remove-gandcrab-5-0-5-ransomware/”]GandCrab or [wplinkpreview url=”https://sensorstechforum.com/hrm-files-virus-hermes-2-1-remove-restore-files/”]Hermes ransomware.
- Viruses that may perform [wplinkpreview url=”https://sensorstechforum.com/bitcoin-miner-virus-detect-remove-it/”]mining activities for cryptocurrencies, like Monero or BitCoin, which may overheat your PC.
But this is not all, because since InstallFlashPlayer.exe Trojan is malware, it may perform spyware activities on its own as well. This is the main reason why if you see this process, you should immediately shut it down and take steps towards removing it as fast as possible from your machine.
Remove InstallFlashPlayer.exe Trojan from Your PC
If you wish to remove this Trojan effectively from your Mac, we recommend that you follow the removal instructions we have created underneath. They are divided in manual as well as automatic removal methods, with the main idea of helping you choose which approach suits you best. If you lack the experience and confidence to do a manual removal, we recommend that you perform the removal process automatically with the aid of an advanced anti-malware software. Most security professionals prefer this approach due to the fact that it aims to automatically scan for all malicious files and objects and make sure that they are safely re-mediated from your PC.
- Guide 1: How to Remove InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove InstallFlashPlayer.exe
Step 2: Uninstall InstallFlashPlayer.exe and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by InstallFlashPlayer.exe on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by InstallFlashPlayer.exe there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall InstallFlashPlayer.exe and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove InstallFlashPlayer.exe via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove InstallFlashPlayer.exe files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as InstallFlashPlayer.exe, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the InstallFlashPlayer.exe will be removed.
Eliminate InstallFlashPlayer.exe from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.