What Is SOVA Virus?
SOVA virus is the name of a dangerous banking Trojan horse, which may infect Android OS devices. The main objective of this virus is to perform a wide range of motion activities, including stealing information from your Android, copying files and even passwords. This is why it is recommended to remove this malware immediately in case you have noticed any hints of it.
Read this article to learn further details on this malware and what steps you should take to remove it safely and effectively.
|Short Description||May enter your device and steal crucial information from it.|
|Symptoms||You may see slow downs and other activities on your device.|
|Distribution Method||Via fake third-party apps or adverts.||User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss SOVA.|
SOVA Virus – How Did I Get It
They may utilise the following methods to infect your Android device:
- In case it is downloaded as some type of a third-party application that is outside Google Play Store.
- If your Android device has had a malicious script being injected on it as a result of tapping on a malicious link or a browser redirect.
- If an otherwise legitimate application has pushed a dangerous advertisement on your Android, that has redirected to a virus script page.
Another strategy is for the SOVA virus to pose as a third-party app, downloaded outside of the PlayStore.
SOVA Virus – What Does It Do?
SOVA virus is known to steal banking information from Android devices. It is known to steal personal information and other critical data and also perform the following activities:
- Regular checks of the phone/tablet.
- Obtaining the phone’s contacts.
- Complete control of the SMS service.
- Complete control of the phone’s phone calls.
- Changing the malicious web server from which virus files are downloaded.
- Creating a lock screen on your device and showing a third-party web page.
- Running scripts that accumulate password and username info for different purposes.
- Switching off and or restarting a device.
This is why removing this Android malware is strongly suggested.
How to Remove SOVA Banking Malware
SOVA virus is the type of Trojan, which can be gotten rid of by isolating it and removing it score files and denying them of their permissions on your Android. To manually remove it, we suggest following the steps below only if you have some malware removal experience.
If you want the best removal, then we suggest that you automatically get rid of this infection using a professional anti-malware program. Scan your device with such a software will help detect and remove any malicious files and objects thoroughly and effectively.
Preparation before removal of malware.
Before starting the actual removal process, we recommend that you do the following preparation steps.
- Turn off your phone until you know how bad is the virus infection.
- Open these steps on another, safe device.
- Make sure to take out your SIM card, as the virus could corrupt it in some rare cases.
Step 1: Shut Down your phone to win some time
Shutting down your phone can be done by pressing and holding its power button and choosing shut down.
In case the virus does not let you do this, you can also try to remove the battery.
In case your battery is non-removable, you can try to drain it as fast as possible if you still have control over it.
Notes: This gives you time to see how bad the situation is and to be able to take out your SIM card safely, without the numbers in it to be erased. If the virus is on your computer, it is espeically dangerous to keep the sim card there.
Step 2: Turn on Safe Mode of your Android device.
For most Android devices, switching to Safe Mode is the same. Its done by following these mini-steps:
Step 3: Eliminate the App that Your Believe is the Virus
Usually Android viruses get masked in the form of applications. To eliminate apps, follow these mini-steps:
Step 4: Find Hidden Virus Files on Your Android Phone and Remove Them
Simply locate the virus and hold-tap on the virus file to delete it.