Windows Repair is a rogue application that adopts visual elements and certain malicious features from other well-known threats. Windows Repair performs a scan of the compromised machine and displays security notifications informing the user that his computer is infected with malware. The licensed version of Windows Repair is supposed to eliminate the threats and protect the PC from further virus infiltration. Experts warn that Windows Repair is not capable of detecting or removing computer infections.
Users are advised to remove Windows Repair from their computers immediately.
Windows Repair – Distribution Technique
- Windows Repair can end up on your computer if you visit a website hosting malicious drive-by download code.
- Windows Repair can also be delivered through a Trojan infection designed to download malware automatically.
- Windows Repair is often distributed bundled with free of charge programs that can be downloaded online.
If Windows Repair is active on your computer, the rogue program will start every time Windows is loaded. Once active, Windows Repair will alert you about non-existing threats on your computer, displaying various security notifications like these:
RAM memory usage is critically high. RAM memory failure.
Damaged hard drive clusters detected. Private data is at risk.
In case you know your computer is infiltrated by Windows Repair, you should treat any untypical alerts or error messages with extreme caution until you are certain that the rogue is not active anymore.
Windows Repair belongs to the FakeSysDef family of rogue applications, along with Smart HDD, HDD Repair and Mamory Fixer.
Windows Repair Symptoms:
- It is possible that your web browser may be hijacked by the rogue application. This may lead to unwanted and/or unpermitted redirects to predetermined websites. Your browser settings may get modified.
- Different programs may not be able to launch, including basic maintenance tools for Windows like MSConfig, or any AV tool that can delete Windows Repair from the affected machine.
- Windows Repair may expose your system to further malware attacks.
How to Remove Windows Repair from Your Computer?
You can use the serial key “8475082234984902023718742058948” in order to run other applications during the rogue I still active. However, experts recommend rebooting your computer in Safe Mode and installing a legitimate anti-malware tool that will detect and remove Windows Repair permanently. Just follow the instructions below to delete the rogue application from your PC.
Spy Hunter FREE scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the malware tool. Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool