What Is Dupzom Trojan
The Dupzom Trojan is an effective virus tool that is being used by an unknown hacking group to attack computer devices. The identity of the criminals is not known at the moment and it is expected that a full-scale attack may be devised in the future. All kind of dangerous components can be included into it making it a very dangerous weapon in the hands of experienced criminals.
Dupzom Trojan Summary
|Name||Dupzom Trojan, also known as Trojan.Downloader.Dupzom|
|Short Description||Aims to steal data from your computer and log the keystrokes you type in it.|
|Symptoms||Your computer may behave strangely and new files may be dropped in several Windows Directories.|
|Distribution Method||Malicious e-mail attachments.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Dupzom Trojan.|
Dupzom Trojan – Virus Infection Methods
The Dupzom Trojan is a dangerous malware which can be spread using a lot of of different infection strategies. At the moment we do not know whether or not the hackers behind it have orchestrated other Trojan attacks in the past. This particular threat is rated as advanced meaning that there are two main theories regarding its conception and utilization in infection campaigns.
The first proposition is that the criminals have created the threat by themselves either from scratch or by taking module snippets from well-known families of malware. The alternative is that the hacking collective can also pay malware creators for a custom threat. This is commonly done on the hacker marketplaces where there are special stores that sell such code. They can be fine tuned according to the specifications of the buyers either by customizing certain options or directly ordering them. Trojans like this one can be spread to the target users via common tactics like this one:
- Phishing Strategies — The hackers can utilize various scams and phishing strategies to coerce the users into believing that they are receiving a legitimate message from a well-known company or service. The shown links and attachments will lead to the Trojan virus infection. The phishing sources can be hosted on domain names that sound familiar and can include layout and contents that can be marked as such.
- Web Infections — The hackers can also integrate the Trojan code in web sites, redirects, social networks (posted via fake and/or hacked identities) and also file-sharing networks.
- Malware File Infections — The trojan code can be embedded in various file carriers such as documents (in the included macros) and application installers of popular software. These files can then be spread using other techniques such as posting them onto file-sharing networks and phishing scams.
Other infection strategies can also be considered by the hackers.
Dupzom Trojan – Virus Capabilities
The collected samples of the Dupzom Trojan show that the virus is not distributed at a large scale. One of the possible reasons is that the target victims have not been directed with the malware yet. Another proposition is that the hackers may have not chosen a large-scale list of companies to direct the virus to.
As a Trojan the main emphasis of the malware will be to establish a secure connection to a hacker-controlled server from where the criminals can control the infected machines, steal valuable data and also constantly spy on the users.
Like any other Trojan the Dupzom malware can also include other modules — they can be either integrated and started from the main engine or loaded from the Internet depending on the exact configuration. Some of the most common actions which can be run include the following:
- Data Hijacking — The Dupzom Trojan can be configured into stealing valuable data from the infected hosts. This can be either private user information that can potentially expose their identity or machine metrics. Information about the computers that is retrieved can include details about the installed hardware components which can then be fed to a special algorithm that will generate an unique ID. It can be used to distinguish each individual machine. The collected personal information may also be used for criminal activity such as identity theft and financial abuse.
- Additional Malware Delivery — The Trojan can be used to install other viruses such as file encrypting ransomware that demand a cryptocurrency payment from the victims or cryptocurrency miners that will place a heavy toll on the performance of the devices.
- System Changes — Trojan virus infections like Dupzom may modify existing strings found in the Windows Registry or system configurations files. Apart from producing errors the users can also be unable to start certain services in the usual way or experience data loss. When critical data is affected the Trojan virus can use this opportunity to install itself as a persistent threat meaning that it will start itself every time the computer is started.
We remind our readers that the hackers are not yet known meaning that it is not known whether or not a major campaign will be launched by them.
Dupzom Trojan – Virus Removal GUIDE
In order to fully remove this infection from your computer system, recommendations are to try the automatic removal guidelines below. They are particularly created in order to assist you separate this malware first of all and after that remove it’s destructive files. If you lack the experience in malware removal, the best method and most reliable one according to safety professionals is to use an innovative anti-malware software program. Such will not just immediately get rid of the Dupzom infection from your computer system, yet will certainly additionally ensure that your computer system remains shielded versus future infections.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Dupzom Trojan from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Dupzom Trojan from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Dupzom Trojan from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Dupzom Trojan from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Dupzom Trojan from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Dupzom Trojan from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Dupzom Trojan from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Dupzom Trojan from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Dupzom Trojan
Step 2: Uninstall Dupzom Trojan and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Dupzom Trojan on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Dupzom Trojan there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Dupzom Trojan from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Dupzom Trojan and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Dupzom Trojan via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Dupzom Trojan files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Dupzom Trojan, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Dupzom Trojan from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Dupzom Trojan from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Dupzom Trojan from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Dupzom Trojan from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Dupzom Trojan will be removed.
Eliminate Dupzom Trojan from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.