What Is Dupzom Trojan
The Dupzom Trojan is an effective virus tool that is being used by an unknown hacking group to attack computer devices. The identity of the criminals is not known at the moment and it is expected that a full-scale attack may be devised in the future. All kind of dangerous components can be included into it making it a very dangerous weapon in the hands of experienced criminals.
Dupzom Trojan Summary
|Name||Dupzom Trojan, also known as Trojan.Downloader.Dupzom|
|Short Description||Aims to steal data from your computer and log the keystrokes you type in it.|
|Symptoms||Your computer may behave strangely and new files may be dropped in several Windows Directories.|
|Distribution Method||Malicious e-mail attachments.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Dupzom Trojan.|
Dupzom Trojan – Virus Infection Methods
The Dupzom Trojan is a dangerous malware which can be spread using a lot of of different infection strategies. At the moment we do not know whether or not the hackers behind it have orchestrated other Trojan attacks in the past. This particular threat is rated as advanced meaning that there are two main theories regarding its conception and utilization in infection campaigns.
The first proposition is that the criminals have created the threat by themselves either from scratch or by taking module snippets from well-known families of malware. The alternative is that the hacking collective can also pay malware creators for a custom threat. This is commonly done on the hacker marketplaces where there are special stores that sell such code. They can be fine tuned according to the specifications of the buyers either by customizing certain options or directly ordering them. Trojans like this one can be spread to the target users via common tactics like this one:
- Phishing Strategies — The hackers can utilize various scams and phishing strategies to coerce the users into believing that they are receiving a legitimate message from a well-known company or service. The shown links and attachments will lead to the Trojan virus infection. The phishing sources can be hosted on domain names that sound familiar and can include layout and contents that can be marked as such.
- Web Infections — The hackers can also integrate the Trojan code in web sites, redirects, social networks (posted via fake and/or hacked identities) and also file-sharing networks.
- Malware File Infections — The trojan code can be embedded in various file carriers such as documents (in the included macros) and application installers of popular software. These files can then be spread using other techniques such as posting them onto file-sharing networks and phishing scams.
Other infection strategies can also be considered by the hackers.
Dupzom Trojan – Virus Capabilities
The collected samples of the Dupzom Trojan show that the virus is not distributed at a large scale. One of the possible reasons is that the target victims have not been directed with the malware yet. Another proposition is that the hackers may have not chosen a large-scale list of companies to direct the virus to.
As a Trojan the main emphasis of the malware will be to establish a secure connection to a hacker-controlled server from where the criminals can control the infected machines, steal valuable data and also constantly spy on the users.
Like any other Trojan the Dupzom malware can also include other modules — they can be either integrated and started from the main engine or loaded from the Internet depending on the exact configuration. Some of the most common actions which can be run include the following:
- Data Hijacking — The Dupzom Trojan can be configured into stealing valuable data from the infected hosts. This can be either private user information that can potentially expose their identity or machine metrics. Information about the computers that is retrieved can include details about the installed hardware components which can then be fed to a special algorithm that will generate an unique ID. It can be used to distinguish each individual machine. The collected personal information may also be used for criminal activity such as identity theft and financial abuse.
- Additional Malware Delivery — The Trojan can be used to install other viruses such as file encrypting ransomware that demand a cryptocurrency payment from the victims or cryptocurrency miners that will place a heavy toll on the performance of the devices.
- System Changes — Trojan virus infections like Dupzom may modify existing strings found in the Windows Registry or system configurations files. Apart from producing errors the users can also be unable to start certain services in the usual way or experience data loss. When critical data is affected the Trojan virus can use this opportunity to install itself as a persistent threat meaning that it will start itself every time the computer is started.
We remind our readers that the hackers are not yet known meaning that it is not known whether or not a major campaign will be launched by them.
Dupzom Trojan – Virus Removal GUIDE
In order to fully remove this infection from your computer system, recommendations are to try the automatic removal guidelines below. They are particularly created in order to assist you separate this malware first of all and after that remove it’s destructive files. If you lack the experience in malware removal, the best method and most reliable one according to safety professionals is to use an innovative anti-malware software program. Such will not just immediately get rid of the Dupzom infection from your computer system, yet will certainly additionally ensure that your computer system remains shielded versus future infections.
Preparation before removing Dupzom Trojan.
Before starting the actual removal process, we recommend that you do the following preparation steps.
- Make sure you have these instructions always open and in front of your eyes.
- Do a backup of all of your files, even if they could be damaged. You should back up your data with a cloud backup solution and insure your files against any type of loss, even from the most severe threats.
- Be patient as this could take a while.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Dupzom Trojan
Step 2: Clean any registries, created by Dupzom Trojan on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Dupzom Trojan there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Step 3: Find virus files created by Dupzom Trojan on your PC.
For Newer Windows Operating Systems
1: On your keyboard press + R and write explorer.exe in the Run text box and then click on the Ok button.
2: Click on your PC from the quick access bar. This is usually an icon with a monitor and its name is either “My Computer”, “My PC” or “This PC” or whatever you have named it.
3: Navigate to the search box in the top-right of your PC's screen and type “fileextension:” and after which type the file extension. If you are looking for malicious executables, an example may be "fileextension:exe". After doing that, leave a space and type the file name you believe the malware has created. Here is how it may appear if your file has been found:
N.B. We recommend to wait for the green loading bar in the navination box to fill up in case the PC is looking for the file and hasn't found it yet.
For Older Windows Operating Systems
In older Windows OS's the conventional approach should be the effective one:
1: Click on the Start Menu icon (usually on your bottom-left) and then choose the Search preference.
2: After the search window appears, choose More Advanced Options from the search assistant box. Another way is by clicking on All Files and Folders.
3: After that type the name of the file you are looking for and click on the Search button. This might take some time after which results will appear. If you have found the malicious file, you may copy or open its location by right-clicking on it.
Now you should be able to discover any file on Windows as long as it is on your hard drive and is not concealed via special software.
Step 4: Scan for Dupzom Trojan with SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
Dupzom Trojan FAQ
What Does Dupzom Trojan Trojan Do?
The Dupzom Trojan Trojan is a malicious computer program designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system. It can be used to steal sensitive data, gain control over a system, or launch other malicious activities.
What Damage Can Dupzom Trojan Trojan Cause?
The Dupzom Trojan Trojan is a malicious type of malware that can cause significant damage to computers, networks and data. It can be used to steal information, take control of systems, and spread other malicious viruses and malware.
Is Dupzom Trojan Trojan a Harmful Virus?
Yes, it is. A Trojan is a type of malicious software that is used to gain unauthorized access to a person's device or system. It can damage files, delete data, and even steal confidential information.
Can Trojans, Like Dupzom Trojan Steal Passwords?
Yes, Trojans, like Dupzom Trojan, can steal passwords. These malicious programs are designed to gain access to a user's computer, spy on victims and steal sensitive information such as banking details and passwords.
Can Dupzom Trojan Trojan Hide Itself?
Yes, it can. A Trojan can use various techniques to mask itself, including rootkits, encryption, and obfuscation, to hide from security scanners and evade detection.R
Can a Trojan Virus be Removed by Factory Reset?
Yes, a Trojan Virus can be removed by factory resetting your device. This is because it will restore the device to its original state, eliminating any malicious software that may have been installed.
Can Dupzom Trojan Trojan Infect WiFi?
Yes, it is possible for a Trojan to infect WiFi networks. When a user connects to the infected network, the Trojan can spread to other connected devices and can access sensitive information on the network.
Can Trojans Be Deleted?
Yes, Trojans can be deleted. This is typically done by running a powerful anti-virus or anti-malware program that is designed to detect and remove malicious files. In some cases, manual deletion of the Trojan may also be necessary.
Are Trojans Hard to Remove?
Yes, Trojans can be very hard to remove as they often disguise themselves as legitimate programs, making them difficult to detect and extremely tricky to remove.
Can Trojans Steal Files?
Yes, Trojans can steal files if they are installed on a computer. This is done by allowing the malware author or user to gain access to the computer and then steal the files stored on it.
Which Anti-Malware Can Remove Trojans?
Anti-malware programs such as SpyHunter are capable of scanning for and removing Trojans from your computer. It is important to keep your anti-malware up to date and regularly scan your system for any malicious software.
About the Dupzom Trojan Research
The content we publish on SensorsTechForum.com, this Dupzom Trojan how-to removal guide included, is the outcome of extensive research, hard work and our team’s devotion to help you remove the specific trojan problem.
How did we conduct the research on Dupzom Trojan?
Please note that our research is based on an independent investigation. We are in contact with independent security researchers, thanks to which we receive daily updates on the latest malware definitions, including the various types of trojans (backdoor, downloader, infostealer, ransom, etc.)
Furthermore, the research behind the Dupzom Trojan threat is backed with VirusTotal.
To better understand the threat posed by trojans, please refer to the following articles which provide knowledgeable details.
1. Trojan Horse – What Is It?
2. Trojanized AnyDesk App Delivered through Fake Google Ads
3. Hackers Continue to Use Malicious Excel 4.0 Macros to Deliver Banking Trojans
4. Ficker Infostealer Uses Fake Spotify Ads to Propagate
5. Jupyter Infostealer Malware Targets Chrome and Firefox Browser Data