What Is Konni Trojan
Konni Trojan is one of the advanced malware which has been used in hacker attacks, the first versions of it were detected back in 2014. Different hacking groups have created their own versions of it. It can not only overtake control of the computers, but also hijack user data and commit dangerous actions on the hosts.
Konni Trojan Summary
|Aims to steal data from your computer and run different malware actions.
|Your computer may behave strangely and new files may be dropped in several Windows Directories.
|Common infection methods including phishing messages and malware-infected files.
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|Join Our Forum to Discuss Konni Trojan.
Konni Trojan – Virus Infection Methods
The Konni Trojan is a one of the old malware strains which are well-known to the security community. Over the years different hacking groups have used it in their campaigns with their own configuration. This particular virus has been known at least since 2014 and throughout its development it has been delivered mostly through payload carriers and SPAM messages. The newest hacking attempts which are related to this malware are being spread in phishing messages in this latest August 2020 attack.
There are several main methods which are used to deliver the Konni Trojan to its target victims:
- Email Messages — The criminals will devise email messages that are to be sent in bulk to the target victims. The hackers will create fake notifications that will appear as being sent by well-known companies or services. As a result the visitors can be delivered with the virus directly or have it linked in the contents or attached in the message.
- Hacker-Created Sites — They are created to fake portals and landing pages of famous companies and services. To coerce the visitors into interacting with this content the sites will be hosted on similar sounding domain names, incorporate self-signed security certificates and stolen design and contents.
- Security Exploits — Another strategy which is widespread among computer hackers is the direct automatic security bugs exploiting. This is usually done by targeting common weaknesses in services and applications. A network scan with the required configuration is run in order to find vulnerable hosts and exploit them.
We remind our readers that due to the fact that the Trojan is being used by various hacking groups around the world there may be different distribution techniques used with each of them. Many similar threats use the payload delivery technique wherein the virus code is inserted in carrier files which are frequently downloaded and run from the Internet. The most common variants are macro-infected documents (including all common Office formats) and application installers of common software. All of them can be easily delivered to file-sharing networks like BitTorrent and download portals, as well as communities like forums, chat rooms and social networks.
Konni Trojan – Virus Capabilities
Apart from the main Trojan module which is used to establish a secure and persistent connection to a hacker-controlled server and allow the criminals to take over control of the machines and steal files. The newest update of the Konni Trojan adds in a multitude of new features:
- Keylogger — This module will record all keystrokes entered by the users, as well as steal files, capture screenshots and acquire data from the installed web browsers. This is done by accessing the applications data, namely the bookmarks, history, cache and even stored passwords.
- Information Gathering — The virus engine can also be programmed to steal users data and system related data.
- This can include the creation of a detailed report of the installed hardware components and unique operating system variables. As a result of the interaction with another process this can produce a unique ID which can be used to identify each individual host.
- Application Changes — The virus engine can also modify the settings of the installed software, particularly web browsers. This can be used to change the default settings and redirect to hacker-created pages or phishing forms.
At the moment the Konni Trojan is seen as primarily a Trojan for espionage and sabotage purposes. It is expected that forthcoming versions will be developed adding in even more features.
Konni Trojan – Virus Removal GUIDE
In order to fully remove this infection from your computer system, recommendations are to try the automatic removal guidelines below. They are particularly created in order to assist you separate this malware first of all and after that remove it’s destructive files. If you lack the experience in malware removal, the best method and most reliable one according to safety professionals is to use an innovative anti-malware software program. Such will not just immediately get rid of the Konni infection from your computer system, yet will certainly additionally ensure that your computer system remains shielded versus future infections.
Preparation before removing Konni Trojan.
Before starting the actual removal process, we recommend that you do the following preparation steps.
- Make sure you have these instructions always open and in front of your eyes.
- Do a backup of all of your files, even if they could be damaged. You should back up your data with a cloud backup solution and insure your files against any type of loss, even from the most severe threats.
- Be patient as this could take a while.
Konni Trojan FAQ
What Does Konni Trojan Trojan Do?
The Konni Trojan Trojan is a malicious computer program designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system.
It can be used to steal sensitive data, gain control over a system, or launch other malicious activities.
Can Trojans Steal Passwords?
Yes, Trojans, like Konni Trojan, can steal passwords. These malicious programs are designed to gain access to a user's computer, spy on victims and steal sensitive information such as banking details and passwords.
Can Konni Trojan Trojan Hide Itself?
Yes, it can. A Trojan can use various techniques to mask itself, including rootkits, encryption, and obfuscation, to hide from security scanners and evade detection.
Can a Trojan be Removed by Factory Reset?
Yes, a Trojan can be removed by factory resetting your device. This is because it will restore the device to its original state, eliminating any malicious software that may have been installed. Bear in mind, that there are more sophisticated Trojans, that leave backdoors and reinfect even after factory reset.
Can Konni Trojan Trojan Infect WiFi?
Yes, it is possible for a Trojan to infect WiFi networks. When a user connects to the infected network, the Trojan can spread to other connected devices and can access sensitive information on the network.
Can Trojans Be Deleted?
Yes, Trojans can be deleted. This is typically done by running a powerful anti-virus or anti-malware program that is designed to detect and remove malicious files. In some cases, manual deletion of the Trojan may also be necessary.
Can Trojans Steal Files?
Yes, Trojans can steal files if they are installed on a computer. This is done by allowing the malware author or user to gain access to the computer and then steal the files stored on it.
Which Anti-Malware Can Remove Trojans?
Anti-malware programs such as SpyHunter are capable of scanning for and removing Trojans from your computer. It is important to keep your anti-malware up to date and regularly scan your system for any malicious software.
About the Konni Trojan Research
The content we publish on SensorsTechForum.com, this Konni Trojan how-to removal guide included, is the outcome of extensive research, hard work and our team’s devotion to help you remove the specific trojan problem.
How did we conduct the research on Konni Trojan?
Please note that our research is based on an independent investigation. We are in contact with independent security researchers, thanks to which we receive daily updates on the latest malware definitions, including the various types of trojans (backdoor, downloader, infostealer, ransom, etc.)
Furthermore, the research behind the Konni Trojan threat is backed with VirusTotal.
To better understand the threat posed by trojans, please refer to the following articles which provide knowledgeable details.