Is Onedrivemasteragent.exe a Trojan horse? Does Onedrivemasteragent.exe harm your computer? Can Onedrivemasteragent.exe spread to other computers over a network?
Onedrivemasteragent.exe is the name of a Trojan horse. An executable process related to the Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan horse is involved in spreading it. That process might be hidden inside your operating system. Malware researchers have also revealed that the Trojan is related to toolbars that change settings in Internet browsers. The Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan got inside your machine without your permission and could try to steal credential data and personal information from your computer. Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan may also use a lot of resources such as power, video memory or CPU and GPU power, so it is in your best interest to remove it as fast as you can.
|Type||Trojan Horse, Miner Malware|
|Short Description||Onedrivemasteragent.exe is a Trojan horse that is probably put in your computer system via a similar malware on your computer system.|
|Symptoms||You may see a rise in the usage of your computer’s resources like CPU, RAM or GPU, while your computer will accordingly consume more electric power and may even overheat if a cryptocurrency miner is involved. Otherwise, there are barely any symptoms most of the time, other than a significant system slowdown or frequent system crashes.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Onedrivemasteragent.exe.|
Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan – How Does It Spread and What Damage Can It Do?
The Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan can be spread to the intended hosts via various techniques. One of the most popular ones in this case is the use of payload carriers. They can be any of the following:
- Documents — The hackers can construct infected malicious documents that can be of all popular file formats. In most cases when they are opened the users will be shown a prompt asking them to enable the built-in scripts. This will lead to the infection.
- Malware Software Installers — The hackers can also construct application setup packages that are of popular software which is often installed by end users. This can include system utilities, office and productivity apps, creativity suites and etc.
- Browser Hijackers — These are dangerous plugins made compatible with the most popular web browsers. They are uploaded to the extension stores using fake developer credentials and user reviews. The posted description will promise new features addition or performance enhancement.
- Automated Script Installation — In many ways the Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan can be integrated into browser windows and sites. This can include email messages and websites that utilize various social engineering and phishing tactics. They are frequently hosted on domain names that sound familiar to the users.
All of these files can be uploaded to file-sharing networks like BitTorrent where both legitimate and pirate data is shared among the community.
What’s particularly dangerous about these infections is that they can can have different consequences on the affected machines. In most cases the Trojan horse infection will be run following the typical behavior of connecting to a remote server and allowing the attackers to take over control of the infected computers. This is also used to steal files and deploy other threats.
The other common function attributed to the Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan infection is the launching of a cryptocurrency miner module. It is used to download a sequence of complex performance-heavy tasks. When they are run these small-sized tasks will place a heavy toll on the usability of the computers and particularly the CPU, memory, hard disk space and etc. For every completed and reported task the hackers will receive income in the form of cryptocurrency.
Depending on the actual hacker instructions the criminals can also launch a multitude of other possible modules. They can range from data harvesting to system manipulation and may prevent the users from accessing their data or using their computers.
Below you can see some useful tips that can help you to prevent similar Trojan malware from installing onto your PC, in the future:
- Run programs inside a sandbox environment
- Install an advanced anti-malware protection
- Update your mostly-used programs and software in general
- Update your OS with security updates
- Install an ad-blocker application
- Be wary around your e-mails and don’t open them unless you know the source
- Disable macros in Microsoft Office Applications
- Keep your firewall ON
Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan will probably try to extract as much information as possible based on its capabilities and try to propagate further on a network to access other devices. It is highly recommend that you remove the malware threat, because the Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan might also degrade your system’s lifespan by using lots of resources.
Remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan Completely
To remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe Trojan manually from your computer, follow the step-by-step removal tutorial written down below. In case this manual removal does not get rid of the miner malware completely, you should search for and remove any leftover items with an advanced anti-malware tool. Such software can keep your computer secure in the future.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe
Step 2: Uninstall Onedrivemasteragent.exe and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Onedrivemasteragent.exe on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Onedrivemasteragent.exe there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Onedrivemasteragent.exe and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Onedrivemasteragent.exe, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Onedrivemasteragent.exe will be removed.
Eliminate Onedrivemasteragent.exe from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.