The SystemBC Malware is a dangerous malware threat which is designed for Microsoft Windows computers. It can be acquired from various sources, every attack campaign can focus on one specific tactic. Usually virus infections like this one are made by interacting with an infected file — this can be either a macro-infected document or a hacker-made software installer. They are often made by taking the legitimate files from their official sources and modifying them with the necessary virus code. Other data can also be affected. All kinds of other data may be used as well — this includes malicious plugins for web browsers and etc. In other cases the hackers can use a direct attacks that will look for system vulnerabilities and weaknesses. If any are found then the SystemBC Malware will be installed.
|Type||Malware, Trojan, Miner|
|Short Description||A dangerous malware which can launch a miner and start a Trojan module.|
|Symptoms||The victims may notice performance issues and can get infected with other malware.|
|Distribution Method||Common distribution tactics and direct web attacks.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by SystemBC Malware |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss SystemBC Malware.|
SystemBC – How Did I Get It
The SystemBC Malware is primarily being distributed through payload carriers, the majority of which are malware application installers of popular applications. This is done by taking the legitimate files from their official sources and modifying them with the necessary code. Common examples are productivity tools, office apps, creativity suites and etc.
Another approach that may be used by the victims is the integration of the virus code in documents across all popular types: spreadsheets, presentations, databases and text files. When they are opened a prompt will ask the victims to enable the built-in content, this will lead to the infection.
If it is dropped by other malware they can be found on various locations such as the following:
- File-Sharing Networks — The malware samples can be distributed over platforms like BitTorrent which are widely used to spread both legitimate and pirate content.
- Browser Hijackers — The criminals can also construct dangerous plugins made compatible with most web browsers. They are widely found on their associated repositories with fake user reviews and developers.
- Online Posts — A large of contemporary hacks happen due to the interaction with the content posted by fake profiles on social networks, forums, chats and etc.
In one of the recent campaigns the SystemBC malware has been identified in an ongoing attack campaign using exploit kits like Fallout and RIG suggesting that the hackers are very experienced and are targeting users worldwide.
SystemBC – What Does It Do
As soon as the infection has been done the SystemBC malware will start the infection by triggering a built-in sequence of dangerous modules which are to be run in a prescribed manner. It will bypass any installed security programs in order to protect the virus and make it so that it will proceed without issues. Programs which are disabled include anti-virus programs, firewalls and etc. This will allow for the deployment of another dangerous threat which is the Trojan horse client. The infections so far have been shown to connect the infected hosts to a hacker-controlled server allowing the criminals ot take over control of the system at any given time. This connection is maintained for as long as possible and allows the hackers to steal user data and spy on the victims at any time.
What’s particularly worrying is that this also allows for the upload of other related threats such as banking Trojans which will actively monitor the actions of the victims and hijack sensitive identity data and interact with the web browsers in a way which will redirect all made transactions to the banking account of the hackers.
The scripts also appear to engage in data collection which can be grouped into two main categories:
- Personal User Information — The engine will search for strings that can expose the identity of the victims. As a result of this operation the malware can acquire a person’s name, address, telephone number and even any stored account credentials for online services or applications.
- Machine Profile Information — The other data which is often acquired by such engines is related to the computers themselves. A complete profile of the installed hardware parts and certain user settings is done. The information is used in order to create an unique ID that can be assigned to every single compromised host.
If configured properly not only the SystemBC malware can led to severe system issues, but it can also make the infected hosts part of a worldwide botnet network. As such we recommend that active infections be removed as soon as possible in order to avoid further damage.
How to Remove SystemBC Malware
In order to fully remove SystemBC from your computer system, we recommend that you follow the removal instructions underneath this article. If the first two manual removal steps do not seem to work and you still see SystemBC or programs, related to it, we suggest what most security experts advise – to download and run a scan of your comptuer with a reputable anti-malware program. Downloading this software will not only save you some time, but will remove all of SystemBC files and programs related to it and will protect your computer against such intrusive apps and malware in the future.