A variant of Net-Worm.Win32.Kido computer worm, Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih is being spread through removable storage devices or local networks. As soon as Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih is activated on a computer, it will copy itself to remote PCs and create a temporary file that has a randomly selected extension.
To remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from your computer you are advised to use a legitimate anti-malware program, which will detect and eliminate the threat permanently.
Follow the steps below to eradicate Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from your PC permanently.
1. Start Your PC in Safe Mode to Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih.
1. Remove all CDs and DVDs, and then Restart your PC from the “Start” menu.
– For PCs with a single operating system: Press “F8” repeatedly after the first boot screen shows up during the restart of your computer. In case the Windows logo appears on the screen, you have to repeat the same task again.
– For PCs with multiple operating systems: Тhe arrow keys will help you select the operating system you prefer to start in Safe Mode. Press “F8” just as described for a single operating system.
3. As the “Advanced Boot Options” screen appears, select the Safe Mode option you want using the arrow keys. As you make your selection, press “Enter“.
4. Log on to your computer using your administrator account
While your computer is in Safe Mode, the words “Safe Mode” will appear in all four corners of your screen.
2. Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih automatically with Spy Hunter Malware – Removal Tool.
It is highly recommended to run a FREE scan before purchasing the full version of the software to make sure that the current version of the malware can be detected by SpyHunter.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
- Guide 1: How to Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih on Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih in Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Internet Explorer.
- Guide 8: Disable Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih Push Notifications in Your Browsers.
How to Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih
Step 2: Uninstall Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih will be removed.
Eliminate Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.
Remove Push Notifications caused by Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih from Your Browsers.
Turn Off Push Notifications from Google Chrome
To disable any Push Notices from Google Chrome browser, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Settings in Chrome.
Step 2: In Settings, select “Advanced Settings”:
Step 3: Click “Content Settings”:
Step 4: Open “Notifications”:
Step 5: Click the three dots and choose Block, Edit or Remove options:
Remove Push Notifications on Firefox
Step 1: Go to Firefox Options.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”, type “notifications” in the search bar and click "Settings":
Step 3: Click “Remove” on any site you wish notifications gone and click “Save Changes”
Stop Push Notifications on Opera
Step 1: In Opera, press ALT+P to go to Settings
Step 2: In Setting search, type “Content” to go to Content Settings.
Step 3: Open Notifications:
Step 4: Do the same as you did with Google Chrome (explained below):
Eliminate Push Notifications on Safari
Step 1: Open Safari Preferences.
Step 2: Choose the domain from where you like push pop-ups gone and change to "Deny" from "Allow".