What is PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware? What does PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware do? Is PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware safe? Can you trust PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware? Is PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware a virus?
The PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware is a dangerous weapon used against computer users worldwide. It infects via different strategies. Our article gives an overview of its behavior according to the collected samples and available reports, also it may be helpful in attempting to remove the virus.
|Name||PCMate Free Driver Backup|
|Short Description||The PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware is a scam program that is designed to infiltrate computer systems.|
|Symptoms||The victims may not experience any apparent symptoms of infection.|
|Distribution Method||Phishing Messages, Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, Scripts and others.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss PCMate Free Driver Backup.|
PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware – Distribution Methods
The PCMate Free Registry Cleaner is a hacker-created infected program that is advertised as a useful system utility. It is being distributed by an unknown hacking group, to this date, it seems that the criminals target computer users worldwide. It makes use of a name that sounds like a legitimate program and the different approaches used in the distribution. We anticipate that the most popular strategies are going to be used:
- File Carriers — The virus strains can be embedded in different types of files, this means that the software will be bundled with them and deployed automatically when they are run. The typical case is the creation of the relevant application installers which are made by taking the legitimate and official setup files of popular programs and modifying them with these instructions. The alternative is the creation of macro-infected documents in all of the popular office formats: spreadsheets, presentations, text documents, and databases. Whenever they are run a prompt will be run asking the victims to enable the integrated code.
- Phishing Tactics — The hackers can create special sites and email messages that can advertise the program. Such campaigns make use of similar-sounding domain names, stolen graphics, and self-signed security certificates to make the content appear legitimate and safe.
- Malware Files Distribution — All virus-related files may be uploaded to places where data is frequently downloaded by Internet users. This includes download portals and file-sharing networks like BitTorrent that are frequently used to spread both legitimate and pirate files.
Further attack campaigns may make use of other tactics.
PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware – Detailed Description
As soon as it is installed on a given system the PCMate Free Registry Cleaner malware will start to run its built-in execution sequence. It can change from campaign to campaign, however, we presume that the most popular actions will be run.
Usually, such infections begin with an initial data gathering, designed to hijack important information: operating system values, installed hardware components, and user data. This step is connected to the possibility of launching crimes such as identity or financial abuse and theft.
While this guide is given for the malware versions, there may be a fully legitimate program called this way. The virus-infected copies will be presented as exactly the same program. However, when they are run on the local computers different actions will be run. Most of them will be related to system changes, including a persistent installation of the malware. It will be run every time the computer is powered on and it can also block access to the recovery boot options, making it very hard to follow most manual user removal guides.
As part of the virus actions, the hackers may additionally include the ability to remove sensitive data including any backups or shadow volume copies. Another dangerous action that is usually run is the additional malware deployment— in this case the most common form is the ransomware virus. This is a file-encrypting threat designed to process user files with a strong cipher. The resulting data will be inaccessible and the users will be blackmailed to pay a decryption fee. This is done by a specially created ransom note or lockscreen instance.
If system changes are part of the virus code, they will mostly affect the Windows Registry. This includes the creation of new values that are specific to the virus and the modification of already existing program items. This will lead to severe performance issues, the inability to run certain services, and potential data loss.
At the same time additional virus infections may be launched: this is usually the case with file encrypting ransomware. This malware category is designed to locate sensitive user’s data and process it with a strong algorithm. All victims’ files will be renamed and made inaccessible. The victims will be subsequently blackmailed to pay a given decryption fee. This can be done via lockscreen instances or ransom notes placed in different folders.
Remove PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware
If you want to remove the PCMate Free Registry Cleaner Malware unwanted software from your computer we recommend that you use a specific anti-malware software. With a such an anti-malware program, your computer will remain with a better protection and stay healthy performance-wise in the future.
- Guide 1: How to Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of PCMate Free Driver Backup from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase PCMate Free Driver Backup from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall PCMate Free Driver Backup from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate PCMate Free Driver Backup from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove PCMate Free Driver Backup
Step 2: Uninstall PCMate Free Driver Backup and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by PCMate Free Driver Backup on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by PCMate Free Driver Backup there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of PCMate Free Driver Backup from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall PCMate Free Driver Backup and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove PCMate Free Driver Backup via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove malware from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts, programs and malware, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. Combo Cleaner offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase PCMate Free Driver Backup from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall PCMate Free Driver Backup from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the PCMate Free Driver Backup will be removed.
Eliminate PCMate Free Driver Backup from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.