What is PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware? What does PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware do? Is PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware safe? Can you trust PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware? Is PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware a virus?
The PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware is a dangerous weapon used against computer users worldwide. It infects via different strategies. Our article gives an overview of its behavior according to the collected samples and available reports, also it may be helpful in attempting to remove the virus.
|Name||PCMate Free Driver Backup|
|Short Description||The PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware is a scam program that is designed to infiltrate computer systems.|
|Symptoms||The victims may not experience any apparent symptoms of infection.|
|Distribution Method||Phishing Messages, Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, Scripts and others.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss PCMate Free Driver Backup.|
PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware – Distribution Methods
The PCMate Free Driver Backup is a dangerous malware that uses the name of a potentially useful system utility. The criminals use decoy tactics to spread it to the intended targets. They make use of the name which may be attributed to a legitimate program. The criminals will create hacker-infected files and use different strategies to contaminate the victims. The most widely used approaches are the following:
- Malicious Files Integration — The virus files can be integrated in a variety of payload carriers, leading to malware bundle creations. Typical examples are macro-infected documents of popular office formats, when they are launched a prompt will appear asking them to enable the built-in scripts t correctly view the contents. This will actually trigger malware deployment. The threat can also be bundled with commonly installed applications from the Internet.
- Phishing Tactics — The criminals can construct various portal pages, advertise on social networks and online communities, and send out email messages in this fashion. Common approaches include are the use of stolen or hijacked graphics and contents associated with well-known services and companies.
- Virus Files Online Distribution — All of the generated virus files carrying the infection can be uploaded to sites that are known to be used by most Internet users. This includes download portals, forums, and various chat rooms. The virus files may also be uploaded to file-sharing networks like BitTorrent which carries legitimate and pirate files.
At any time the virus-infected copies of PCMate Free Driver Backup may be distributed using other methods as well.
PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware – Detailed Description
The PCMate Free Driver Backup malware is designed and programmed to appear like any other legitimate and useful system utility. The hackers behind it will include buttons and menus, inclusive of all relevant graphics and text.
NOTE: This guide is specific for the virus-created copies of the program, there may be a legitimate program called this way.
Usually, each distinct attack campaign will include different modules. Most of the typical examples of this type will lead to the following:
- Boot Options Changes — It can be used to install the threat as a persistent threat, the virus will be started every time the computer is powered on. It may also be programmed to block access to the recovery boot options thereby making it very difficult to follow most manual removal guides.
- Files Modification — Malware of this category can be used for various files modification, including removal, editing, moving them and etc. This is especially useful for the deleting of backups and shadow volume copies, thereby making recovery very difficult.
- Settings Changes — The main malware code may introduce different types of modifications, including editing of the Windows Registry. This can edit the existing values or create new ones for the virus. Such changes can lead to serious performance issues, the inability to start certain services and even data loss and unexpected errors.
One of the most dangerous aspects of getting infected with such threats is the ability to install other malware across popular categories. This may include ransomware threats which will encrypt target user’s data and encrypt it with a strong cipher. All of the processed files will be renamed with a given extension and the victims will be extorted to say a decryption fee.
Future versions can include other capabilities and be spread using other strategies. For this reason, detected instances should be removed at once.
Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware
If you want to remove the PCMate Free Driver Backup Malware unwanted software from your computer we recommend that you use a specific anti-malware software. With such an anti-malware program, your computer will remain with better protection and stay healthy performance-wise in the future.
- Guide 1: How to Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of PCMate Free Driver Backup on Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup in Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase PCMate Free Driver Backup from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall PCMate Free Driver Backup from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate PCMate Free Driver Backup from Internet Explorer.
- Guide 8: Disable PCMate Free Driver Backup Push Notifications in Your Browsers.
How to Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove PCMate Free Driver Backup
Step 2: Uninstall PCMate Free Driver Backup and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by PCMate Free Driver Backup on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by PCMate Free Driver Backup there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of PCMate Free Driver Backup from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall PCMate Free Driver Backup and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove PCMate Free Driver Backup via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove PCMate Free Driver Backup files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as PCMate Free Driver Backup, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase PCMate Free Driver Backup from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall PCMate Free Driver Backup from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove PCMate Free Driver Backup from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the PCMate Free Driver Backup will be removed.
Eliminate PCMate Free Driver Backup from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.
Remove Push Notifications caused by PCMate Free Driver Backup from Your Browsers.
Turn Off Push Notifications from Google Chrome
To disable any Push Notices from Google Chrome browser, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Settings in Chrome.
Step 2: In Settings, select “Advanced Settings”:
Step 3: Click “Content Settings”:
Step 4: Open “Notifications”:
Step 5: Click the three dots and choose Block, Edit or Remove options:
Remove Push Notifications on Firefox
Step 1: Go to Firefox Options.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”, type “notifications” in the search bar and click "Settings":
Step 3: Click “Remove” on any site you wish notifications gone and click “Save Changes”
Stop Push Notifications on Opera
Step 1: In Opera, press ALT+P to go to Settings
Step 2: In Setting search, type “Content” to go to Content Settings.
Step 3: Open Notifications:
Step 4: Do the same as you did with Google Chrome (explained below):
Eliminate Push Notifications on Safari
Step 1: Open Safari Preferences.
Step 2: Choose the domain from where you like push pop-ups gone and change to "Deny" from "Allow".