The PirateMatryoshka Malware is a dangerous weapon used against computer users worldwide. It infects mainly via The Pirate Bay torrent trackers. Our article gives an overview of its behavior according to the collected samples and available reports, also it may be helpful in attempting to remove the virus.
|Short Description||The PirateMatryoshka Malware is a scam program that is designed to infiltrate computer systems.|
|Symptoms||The victims may not experience any apparent symptoms of infection.|
|Distribution Method||Torrent Trackers, Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, Scripts and others.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by PirateMatryoshka Trojan |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss PirateMatryoshka Trojan.|
PirateMatryoshka Malware – Distribution Methods
The PirateMatryoshka malware is a dangerous threat which is primarily distributed ia the The Pirate Bay torrent tracker, according to the released security reports it has already been downloaded about 10,000 times.
The Pirate Bay is hosted through various Internet mirrors found on the Internet and many of them have been found to spread the malware. It is found throughout torrents that are uploaded by dozens of accounts used for this purpose. The primary aim of the PirateMatryoshka malware is to infect the target computers by being part of the distributed content. This form of payload delivery can have many forms being a part of all popular content that is shared on these places:
- Documents — The malware delivery can be triggered via the scripts that can be found across all popular file formats: spreadsheets, presentations, rich text documents and databases. Whenever they are opened by the victims a prompt will appear asking the users to enable the built-in scripts. The quoted reason is that this is required in order to correctly view the contents of the files.
- Software Installers — The other popular technique is to embed the necessary virus files in the setup packages of applications which are often downloaded by end users: creativity suites, system utilities, productivity and office suites and etc. They are made by taking the official executables and adding in the necessary scripts in order to create the resulting files.
- Multimedia Content — Virus infections can be caused via interaction with all kinds of content including music, videos, images and etc.
- E-Books — Malware infections can happen even when downloading e-books and other related documents.
PirateMatryoshka Malware – Detailed Description
The PirateMatryoshka malware servers as a payload dropper for other threats. The made infections can be changed depending on the ongoing attack campaign. The captured samples so far appear to deliver a Trojan instance, various adware components are also an important part of it.
The infection confronts to a built-in infection pattern that deploys a main installer with the relevant actions. The analysis shows that the following:
- Windows Registry Changes — The associated Trojan has been found to contain the ability to create, edit and delete registry values found within the Windows Registry. This can make the PirateMatryoshka malware to automatically start once the computer boots. In addition changes to these values can lead to serious performance issues to the point of rendering the computer practically unusable. Other effects of this the sudden appearance of errors, unexpected behavior and loss of data.
- Remote Server Connection — The engine will download a special file from a remote location from which the addresses of the command and control servers are acquired. A persistent connection is done which enable the hackers to take over control of the machines, steal data and loa additional threats.
- Browser Redirect — One of the most dangerous actions undertaken by this type of infections is the user redirect. the malware will change the settings of the most popular web browsers in order to display a preset hacker-controlled site. This is done by modifying settings such as the default home page, new tabs page and search engine.
Before running other actions the PirateMatryoshka malware will execute a security check making sure that no other instance has been deployed prior to it. A complex file delivery tactic will follow making sure that the intended payload is successfully deployed to the intended targets. The analysis shows that an autoclicker software is installed which prevents the users from attempting to evade the payload delivery.
Remove PirateMatryoshka Malware
If your computer system got infected with the PirateMatryoshka Malware, you should have a bit of experience in removing malware. You should get rid of this Trojan as quickly as possible before it can have the chance to spread further and infect other computers. You should remove the Trojan and follow the step-by-step instructions guide provided below.
Note! Your computer system may be affected by PirateMatryoshka Trojan and other threats.
Scan Your PC with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a powerful malware removal tool designed to help users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of PirateMatryoshka Trojan.