The PirateMatryoshka Malware is a dangerous weapon used against computer users worldwide. It infects mainly via The Pirate Bay torrent trackers. Our article gives an overview of its behavior according to the collected samples and available reports, also it may be helpful in attempting to remove the virus.
|Short Description||The PirateMatryoshka Malware is a scam program that is designed to infiltrate computer systems.|
|Symptoms||The victims may not experience any apparent symptoms of infection.|
|Distribution Method||Torrent Trackers, Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, Scripts and others.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss PirateMatryoshka Trojan.|
PirateMatryoshka Malware – Distribution Methods
The PirateMatryoshka malware is a dangerous threat which is primarily distributed ia the The Pirate Bay torrent tracker, according to the released security reports it has already been downloaded about 10,000 times.
The Pirate Bay is hosted through various Internet mirrors found on the Internet and many of them have been found to spread the malware. It is found throughout torrents that are uploaded by dozens of accounts used for this purpose. The primary aim of the PirateMatryoshka malware is to infect the target computers by being part of the distributed content. This form of payload delivery can have many forms being a part of all popular content that is shared on these places:
- Documents — The malware delivery can be triggered via the scripts that can be found across all popular file formats: spreadsheets, presentations, rich text documents and databases. Whenever they are opened by the victims a prompt will appear asking the users to enable the built-in scripts. The quoted reason is that this is required in order to correctly view the contents of the files.
- Software Installers — The other popular technique is to embed the necessary virus files in the setup packages of applications which are often downloaded by end users: creativity suites, system utilities, productivity and office suites and etc. They are made by taking the official executables and adding in the necessary scripts in order to create the resulting files.
- Multimedia Content — Virus infections can be caused via interaction with all kinds of content including music, videos, images and etc.
- E-Books — Malware infections can happen even when downloading e-books and other related documents.
PirateMatryoshka Malware – Detailed Description
The PirateMatryoshka malware servers as a payload dropper for other threats. The made infections can be changed depending on the ongoing attack campaign. The captured samples so far appear to deliver a Trojan instance, various adware components are also an important part of it.
The infection confronts to a built-in infection pattern that deploys a main installer with the relevant actions. The analysis shows that the following:
- Windows Registry Changes — The associated Trojan has been found to contain the ability to create, edit and delete registry values found within the Windows Registry. This can make the PirateMatryoshka malware to automatically start once the computer boots. In addition changes to these values can lead to serious performance issues to the point of rendering the computer practically unusable. Other effects of this the sudden appearance of errors, unexpected behavior and loss of data.
- Remote Server Connection — The engine will download a special file from a remote location from which the addresses of the command and control servers are acquired. A persistent connection is done which enable the hackers to take over control of the machines, steal data and loa additional threats.
- Browser Redirect — One of the most dangerous actions undertaken by this type of infections is the user redirect. the malware will change the settings of the most popular web browsers in order to display a preset hacker-controlled site. This is done by modifying settings such as the default home page, new tabs page and search engine.
Before running other actions the PirateMatryoshka malware will execute a security check making sure that no other instance has been deployed prior to it. A complex file delivery tactic will follow making sure that the intended payload is successfully deployed to the intended targets. The analysis shows that an autoclicker software is installed which prevents the users from attempting to evade the payload delivery.
Remove PirateMatryoshka Malware
If your computer system got infected with the PirateMatryoshka Malware, you should have a bit of experience in removing malware. You should get rid of this Trojan as quickly as possible before it can have the chance to spread further and infect other computers. You should remove the Trojan and follow the step-by-step instructions guide provided below.
Note! Your computer system may be affected by PirateMatryoshka Trojan and other threats.
Scan Your PC with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a powerful malware removal tool designed to help users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of PirateMatryoshka Trojan.
To remove PirateMatryoshka Trojan follow these steps:
Use SpyHunter to scan for malware and unwanted programs
Preparation before removing PirateMatryoshka Trojan.
Before starting the actual removal process, we recommend that you do the following preparation steps.
- Make sure you have these instructions always open and in front of your eyes.
- Do a backup of all of your files, even if they could be damaged. You should back up your data with a cloud backup solution and insure your files against any type of loss, even from the most severe threats.
- Be patient as this could take a while.
PirateMatryoshka Trojan FAQ
What Does PirateMatryoshka Trojan Trojan Do?
The PirateMatryoshka Trojan Trojan is a malicious computer program designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system.
It can be used to steal sensitive data, gain control over a system, or launch other malicious activities.
What Damage Can PirateMatryoshka Trojan Trojan Cause?
The PirateMatryoshka Trojan Trojan is a malicious type of malware that can cause significant damage to computers, networks and data.
It can be used to steal information, take control of systems, and spread other malicious viruses and malware.
Is PirateMatryoshka Trojan Trojan a Harmful Virus?
Yes, it is. A Trojan is a type of malicious software that is used to gain unauthorized access to a person's device or system. It can damage files, delete data, and even steal confidential information.
Can Trojans Steal Passwords?
Yes, Trojans, like PirateMatryoshka Trojan, can steal passwords. These malicious programs are designed to gain access to a user's computer, spy on victims and steal sensitive information such as banking details and passwords.
Can PirateMatryoshka Trojan Trojan Hide Itself?
Yes, it can. A Trojan can use various techniques to mask itself, including rootkits, encryption, and obfuscation, to hide from security scanners and evade detection.
Can a Trojan be Removed by Factory Reset?
Yes, a Trojan can be removed by factory resetting your device. This is because it will restore the device to its original state, eliminating any malicious software that may have been installed.
Can PirateMatryoshka Trojan Trojan Infect WiFi?
Yes, it is possible for a Trojan to infect WiFi networks. When a user connects to the infected network, the Trojan can spread to other connected devices and can access sensitive information on the network.
Can Trojans Be Deleted?
Yes, Trojans can be deleted. This is typically done by running a powerful anti-virus or anti-malware program that is designed to detect and remove malicious files. In some cases, manual deletion of the Trojan may also be necessary.
Can Trojans Steal Files?
Yes, Trojans can steal files if they are installed on a computer. This is done by allowing the malware author or user to gain access to the computer and then steal the files stored on it.
Which Anti-Malware Can Remove Trojans?
Anti-malware programs such as SpyHunter are capable of scanning for and removing Trojans from your computer. It is important to keep your anti-malware up to date and regularly scan your system for any malicious software.
About the PirateMatryoshka Trojan Research
The content we publish on SensorsTechForum.com, this PirateMatryoshka Trojan how-to removal guide included, is the outcome of extensive research, hard work and our team’s devotion to help you remove the specific trojan problem.
How did we conduct the research on PirateMatryoshka Trojan?
Please note that our research is based on an independent investigation. We are in contact with independent security researchers, thanks to which we receive daily updates on the latest malware definitions, including the various types of trojans (backdoor, downloader, infostealer, ransom, etc.)
Furthermore, the research behind the PirateMatryoshka Trojan threat is backed with VirusTotal.
To better understand the threat posed by trojans, please refer to the following articles which provide knowledgeable details.