What Is Supercharge Trojan
Supercharge Trojan is a recently discovered computer malware that is spread in active attack campaigns. The targets are high-profile in the detected activity, which means that the hacking group behind it must be experienced in planning viruses. Read our in-depth analysis of the samples and learn how to remove active infections in this article.
Supercharge Trojan Summary
|Short Description||Aims to steal data from your computer and run different malware actions.|
|Symptoms||Your computer may behave strangely and new files may be dropped in several Windows Directories.|
|Distribution Method||Common infection methods including phishing messages and malware-infected files.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Supercharge Trojan.|
Supercharge Trojan – Virus Infection Methods
The Supercharge Trojan is a newly reported threat that is currently being developed as an open-source project. This means that by design it is not intended to be used with malicious purposes, but mainly as a research tool. However, hackers can use it in their attack campaigns as it includes numerous advanced capabilities.
As these samples have not yet been utilized in active attack campaigns, we suspect that prospective hacking groups may use it in their future plans. As such all popular distribution techniques may be enforced:
- Virus Carriers — The Supercharge Trojan may be integrated into different types of files that are usually executed by the users and downloaded from various sources, including the Internet. Common examples are the macro-infected documents that are created in popular office formats: text documents, presentations, databases and spreadsheets. When they are opened the users will be requested to enable the built-in scripts. If this is done the malware will be automatically deployed. The same is done with application installers, they are created by embedding the relevant virus code in application installers. Popular carriers are system utilities, creativity suites, productivity applications and etc.
- Phishing Campaigns — The criminals can organize the delivery of the virus-infected files through interaction with contents that appears to be sent by legitimate and well-known services and companies. The hackers can send such examples through email messages or hacker-controlled pages. All of them can be hosted on similar-sounding domain names and may include self-signed security certificates to make them appear as safe to the visitors.
- Files Distribution — All virus-infected copies can be distributed using fake or stolen identities, commissioned by the hackers. This includes the use of social media, online communities, and file-sharing networks. Through them, the data can be distributed to various users. When online communities are concerned, the hacker-controlled profiles may include social networks, forums, and chat rooms.
At any time the Supercharge Trojan infection strategies may change and shift to other similar mechanisms. Advanced infections may arise from the use of other malware threats that have been programmed to install it as part of their execution sequence.
Supercharge Trojan – Virus Capabilities
What we know about the Supercharge is derived from the official description posted by is developers. However, this is the information about the original versions of the threat, as they are presented by the hackers. If the malware is used by computer criminals they may create their own versions that may include additional components and capabilities. One of the important aspects of this particular malware is that it is written in the Python programming language, making it possible to run it on different operating systems: Windows, Linux, and Mac.
The Supercharge Trojan will execute itself on the local computer when it is started. One of the first actions that are placed in the given sequence is the security bypass — installed security programs will be blocked or entirely disabled. Common examples are anti-virus engines, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and etc. A related mechanism that is launched is the persistent installation of the Trojan — it will be started automatically when the computer is powered on and it may block access to the recovery boot options. This will make it very difficult to follow most manual user recovery guides.
As part of the Trojan execution the main engine will hijack system information, this will include operating system variables, applications data, and other sources. The gathered data may be used for crimes like identity or financial abuse that will make use of the collected information. Using the full system scan the Supercharge Trojan will hide deep in the systems, thereby making it very difficult to discover and remove the active infections.
The main goal of this threat will be to install a local agent on the victim computers allowing the criminals to take over control over them. The hackers will be able to spy on the victims in real-time and hijack valuable files.
The criminals will then be able to run different types of actions on the victim computers: to display boxes and forms, enforce password protection on files, or manipulate files. This includes the uploading of hacker-created files, stealing of those found on the vulnerable systems, and their moving across the file system.
One of the basic actions of most Trojans and similar threats is the creation of a victim ID, created by processing operating system conditions, hardware components, and the analyzed applications data. Active infections should be removed as soon as possible following discovery as it can be used to install other viruses and lead to extensive damage to the machines.
Supercharge Trojan – Virus Removal GUIDE
In order to fully remove this infection from your computer system, recommendations are to try the automatic removal guidelines below. They are particularly created in order to assist you to separate this malware first of all and after that remove, it’s destructive files. If you lack experience in malware removal, the best method and most reliable one according to safety professionals is to use an innovative anti-malware software program. Such will not just immediately get rid of the Supercharge infection from your computer system, yet will certainly additionally ensure that your computer system remains shielded versus future infections.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Supercharge Trojan from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Supercharge Trojan from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Supercharge Trojan from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Supercharge Trojan from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Supercharge Trojan from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Supercharge Trojan from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Supercharge Trojan from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Supercharge Trojan from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Supercharge Trojan
Step 2: Uninstall Supercharge Trojan and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Supercharge Trojan on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Supercharge Trojan there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Supercharge Trojan from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Supercharge Trojan and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Supercharge Trojan via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Supercharge Trojan files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Supercharge Trojan, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Supercharge Trojan from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Supercharge Trojan from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Supercharge Trojan from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Supercharge Trojan from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Supercharge Trojan will be removed.
Eliminate Supercharge Trojan from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.