What Is Taidoor Trojan
Taidoor Trojan is one of the advanced malware which has been used in several dangerous attack campaigns over the years. Different hacking groups have created their own versions of it. It can not only overtake control of the computers, but also hijack user data and commit dangerous actions on the hosts.
Taidoor Trojan Summary
|Short Description||Aims to steal data from your computer and run different malware actions.|
|Symptoms||Your computer may behave strangely and new files may be dropped in several Windows Directories.|
|Distribution Method||Common infection methods including phishing messages and malware-infected files.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Taidoor Trojan.|
Taidoor Trojan – Virus Infection Methods
The discovery of the Taidoor Trojan was done by three federal agencies of the USA who published a joint alert giving public notice about the threat. According to their data it is believed that this malware has been used by Chinese hackers during recent large-scale networks. The joint alert has been published by the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Defense’s Cyber Command and the FBI. We remind our readers that this is not the first time when the they have worked together on bringing information to the public. Previously they were responsible for alerting the public about dangerous threats.
According to the released information the government agencies note that the Chinese hackers who are behind this Trojan are using an elaborate network of computer networks in order to launch the targeted attacks. Malware proxy servers have been identified to push the virus to te target host computers.
Due to the vast arsenal of possibilities and techniques through which the malware code can be pushed to the victims we anticipate that these tactics will be the main ones:
- Direct Brute Force Attempts — The malware can be programmed using automated hacking tools to perform these network intrusion attacks. Generally the main target will be firewalls, gateways and web services that separate the internal networks from the Internet. The hacking tools will try and login to the system by trialing passwords from a ready-made “dictionary list” or by using algorithms to try and guess the credentials.
- Network Exploits — The malware can trigger software vulnerability exploits and use the weaknesses in order to infect the hosts. This is often done when appliances are not properly updated and secured with proper configuration options.
- Auxillary Virus Infections — Other Trojans, viruses and payload carriers can be used to deploy the Taidoor Trojan.
What we know is that the hackers have used the Taidoor Trojan for many years now. A signature scan comparison has shown that the malware has been used in targeted attacks since 2008. WE anticipate that in the future other techniques and methods for spreading it might be used.
Taidoor Trojan – Virus Capabilities
The Taidoor Trojan is categorized as a remote access Trojan with notable advanced capabilities in terms of its functionality. The infection starts by first running the initial loader, a 32-bit application which will download the required files in an obfuscated and encrypted form and unpack them on the host computer.
The virus will start its processes by impersonating a legitimate Windows process. It can also use various system APis in order to interact with the host system.
The main goal of the Taidoor Trojan is to establish a secure connection to a hacker-controlled server — this is used by the criminals to take over control of the host computers and steal files both user and system user files. Other functionality which can be implemented include any of the following modules:
- Data Theft and Host Identification — By using the Trojan connection the hackers can hijack user owned data and system files. During this process the criminals can also program the main engine to create an unique Identifier based on the hardware system information and operatng system variables.
- Other Virus Installation — The Trojan can be used as an intermediate mechanism in order to deploy other viruses to the host computer. This includes file encrypting ransomware — they will process user files according to a built-in list of target file type extensions. The victims will then be blackmailed to pay a ransom decryption fee.
- System Reconfiguration — The virus engine can also commit various changes to the core operating system. This can include the boot options and the Windows Registry. This will make the virus automatically start when the computer is powered on and may also disable access to the recovery boot options. The Registry values which have been changed will lead to severe performance issues and data loss. Many advanced Trojans are also programmed to delete sensitive files such as backups.
Taidoor Trojan – Virus Removal GUIDE
In order to fully remove this infection from your computer system, recommendations are to try the automatic removal guidelines below. They are particularly created in order to assist you separate this malware first of all and after that remove it’s destructive files. If you lack the experience in malware removal, the best method and most reliable one according to safety professionals is to use an innovative anti-malware software program. Such will not just immediately get rid of the Taidoor infection from your computer system, yet will certainly additionally ensure that your computer system remains shielded versus future infections.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Taidoor Trojan from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Taidoor Trojan from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Taidoor Trojan from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Taidoor Trojan from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Taidoor Trojan from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Taidoor Trojan from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Taidoor Trojan from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Taidoor Trojan from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Taidoor Trojan
Step 2: Uninstall Taidoor Trojan and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Taidoor Trojan on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Taidoor Trojan there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Taidoor Trojan from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Taidoor Trojan and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Taidoor Trojan via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Taidoor Trojan files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Taidoor Trojan, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Taidoor Trojan from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Taidoor Trojan from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Taidoor Trojan from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Taidoor Trojan from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Taidoor Trojan will be removed.
Eliminate Taidoor Trojan from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.