|Name||Antivirus Blocking Rules|
|Short Description||Designed to block PC security and allow computers to be infected.|
|Symptoms||Antivirus malfunctioning plus examining most malware and non-malware threats’ behavior.|
|Distribution Method||Via spam mails, browser redirects, PUPs, other.|
|Detection tool||Download SpyHunter, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By Antivirus Blocking Rules|
Antivirus Blocking Rules is used by many threats with the sole purpose to bypass cyber security in computers -anti-malware, antivirus, firewalls. Antivirus Blocking Rules may be quite damaging because very dangerous threats employ them without any restriction what so ever. A lot of unwanted programs otherwise known as PUPs use these Antivirus Blocking Rules to evade detection from anti-malware programs which detect potential threats to computers. These type of practices are also widely used by rogue antivirus programs that perform various risky activities within user PCs. Also, fake antivirus programs display fake virus detection messages to con victims into buying full versions.
Antivirus Blocking Rules – How Does It Work?
This particular threat to user PC directly attacks the AV program. Depending on the Antivirus Blocking Rules infection, the scope of PC modification varies. Sometimes it may only disable some substantial malware protection features to push PUPs into staying undetected for longer times. But in some cases it may lock out the user from his antivirus program. Also, they may stop OS updates and any other security patches to make the environment around it even more insecure for the user, by altering the PC`s Host file. Another malicious action it may take besides blocking windows security threat-dealing features is preventing anti-malware programs as well.
Symptoms of having an Antivirus Blocking Rules infection include malfunction of your AV or its complete stopping. Also, Antivirus Blocking Rules may display a pop-up message saying that there is an error when you attempt to open your AV program. It is highly likely that some infections associated with Antivirus Blocking Rules use them to prevent antivirus software that may detect them from starting.
Also, Antivirus Blocking Rules infections may modify various Windows settings by creating custom .dll files in the %appdata% directory as well. More so they may create registry keys and values in the Windows Registry Editor. This is most often done to either make itself harder to remove from the computer or to change different settings in the affected computer corresponding to its interests.
Cyber-criminals have gotten very smart when it comes to conducting their scams online. They continuously design new methods of infection and new schemes to generate profits at your average user’s expense.
Removing Antivirus Blocking Rules
To get rid of these type of infections, the user should take several protection actions as fast as possible:
- Isolate the threat by immediately disconnecting from the Internet.
- Boot your PC in safe mode so that only the essential programs for Windows can run on the machine.
- Download a powerful anti-malware program in an offline installer on a non-infected computer and install it on the infected one. A simple scan should remove anything out of the ordinary on the machine.
- Use a live Operating System CD/USB boot. This ensures that you use a fresh copy of Windows or other OSs to scan and clean your system.
- Installing a registry clean-up tool. Such tools are crucial for the Windows Registry Editor because they assist in removing any unnecessary registry entries and restore the settings on the computer to the previous ones that worked.
- Protect your files. Make sure you backup your files so that if anything happens, you will be secured. For more information on how to backup your data, check out this video.
For some information on how to boot in safe mode, check out the Step-by-step tutorial below. Security researchers recommend employing a powerful anti-malware program that will actively ensure protection against any threats in the future.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter