What Is Naikon Trojan
Naikon Trojan is considered an old, tested and tried malware which over the past several years has been distributed against different victims. According to the made analysis the new campaign uses a new infection approach based on the sending out of malicious email messages that when interacted with will lead to the Trojan delivery. Once installed it will activate its main engine allowing the remote hackers to take control of the computers.
Naikon Trojan Summary
|Short Description||Aims to steal data from your computer and log the keystrokes you type in it.|
|Symptoms||Your computer may behave strangely and new files may be dropped in several Windows Directories.|
|Distribution Method||Malicious e-mail attachments.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Naikon Trojan.|
Naikon Trojan – Virus Infection Methods
The Naikon Trojan is a well-known malware which has been known ever since its first appearance back in 2018. Since then hacking groups have been using it as their main weapon in different types of attacks. Th Naikon Trojan is a well-known malware which has been known ever since its first appearance back in 2018. Since then hacking groups have been using it as their main weapon in different types of attacks.
At the moment the current infection strategy is to focus on the creation of phishing email messages. They are designed to look familiar and safe, commonly the hackers will impersonate well-known companies and services which is considered to be one of the most effective ways of deceiving recipients. The email messages will either contain malware links or host virus attachments.
There are several common types of data that can be placed via the email messages:
- Documents — They will include dangerous macros that will enable the virus code installation when they are enabled. This works for the most popular formats like presentations, text documents, databases and spreadsheets.
- App Setup Files — The criminals can embed the necessary code in installation files of popular applications that are frequently downloaded by end users. Examples are productivity tools, creativity suites, computer games and system utilities.
- Executable Files — The Naikon Trojan can be embedded in different types of individual files: they can be software patches, updates and etc.
According to the made analysis the criminal group is likely to originate from China and they are orchestrating the campaign against victims located in the Asia Pacific Region — both government organizations and private company networks can be targeted.
Naikon Trojan – Virus Capabilities
The behavior associated with the current version of the Naikon Trojan is designed around the launch of a backdoor Trojan Aria-body.
This is a backdoor program that is loaded by the main engine. It will load a Remote Access Trojan local client which will connect to a hacker-controlled server and allow the criminals to take over control of the machines. Depending on the exact configuration this can cause other system changes as well:
- System Control — The Naikon Trojan using this backdroor can allow the hackers to effectively take over control of the target systems.
- Data Theft — By taking advantage of the backdoor function the hackers can easily steal user or system data. When the computers have access to network shares and removable storage devices data contained on them can also be stolen.
- System Changes — Modifications to key configuration files and user preferences can be done. This includes the Windows Registry, boot options, system settings and etc. The consequences of such changes can be performance issues, the inability to run certain applications and services, as well as performance problems.
A follow-up action is the running of a a data harvesting module which is capable of acquiring various kind of information from the infected hosts: the installed software, running processes and other related data. When it comes to the files interaction capabilities it can manage directories and also create, edit and delete existing data. An update issued in the newest version also allows the hackers to commission regular screenshots capture. This allows for constant surveillance and monitoring of the actions done by the users.
We remind our readers that infections like the Naikon Trojan can be used to deploy other malware, examples can be ransomware which are used to encrypt target user files, lock and rename them. The users will then be extorted to pay a victim fee in cryptocurrency. An alternative malware that can be delivered is the browser hijacker, a dangerous plugin which is often presented in the form as an extension for the most popular web browsers. They can be Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. At any time the virus can be updated to add new functionality. A more dangerous approach would be the wielding of the Trojan by another group.
Naikon Trojan – Virus Removal GUIDE
In order to fully remove this infection from your computer system, recommendations are to try the automatic removal guidelines below. They are particularly created in order to assist you separate this malware first of all and after that remove it’s destructive files. If you lack the experience in malware removal, the best method and most reliable one according to safety professionals is to use an innovative anti-malware software program. Such will not just immediately get rid of the Naikon infection from your computer system, yet will certainly additionally ensure that your computer system remains shielded versus future infections.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Naikon Trojan from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Naikon Trojan from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Naikon Trojan from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Naikon Trojan from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Naikon Trojan from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Naikon Trojan from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Naikon Trojan from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Naikon Trojan from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Naikon Trojan
Step 2: Uninstall Naikon Trojan and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Naikon Trojan on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Naikon Trojan there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Naikon Trojan from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Naikon Trojan and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Naikon Trojan via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove malware from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts, programs and malware, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. Combo Cleaner offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Naikon Trojan from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Naikon Trojan from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Naikon Trojan from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Naikon Trojan from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Naikon Trojan will be removed.
Eliminate Naikon Trojan from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.