What Is Team9 Trojan
The Team9 Trojan is an advanced malware that is believed to be created by the same hackers as those behind the infamous Trickbot virus. It contains a lot of modules that allow the remote hackers to carry out all kind of malicious actions.
Team9 Trojan Summary
|Aims to steal data from your computer and log the keystrokes you type in it.
|Your computer may behave strangely and new files may be dropped in several Windows Directories.
|Malicious e-mail attachments.
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|Join Our Forum to Discuss Team9 Trojan.
Team9 Trojan – Virus Infection Methods
The Team9 Trojan is a new malware which is developed by the criminal collective which is responsible for Trickbot. The analysis made on the collected samples indicate that it is a fairy recent creation, it is possible that parts of it have been taken from previous malware.
The public disclosure of the threat made by security experts was made available a few weeks ago, judging by the available data it is a fairy recent virus. Several iterations of it have been made over the years. This also includes different mechanisms for infection.
In one of the discovered samples the main delivery mechanism relied on the Windows BITS method before moving on to other strategies. Common variants include the following:
- Phishing Methods — The hackers can also employ various scam methods that are designed to manipulate the recipients into thinking that they are receiving legitimate notifications from a well-known service or company. These messages are commonly sent via email messages and/or hacker-controlled sites. To add authenticity they can be hosted on domain names that sound very similar to the ones that are impersonated.
- Infected Files Interaction — The Team9 Trojan code can be integrated in various data, the most common examples are macro-infected documents which are designed to enable the virus when popular types are opened: presentations, text documents, databases and spreadsheets. When application installers are considered by the hackers usually popular software is affected: creativity suites, productivity tools, office programs.
- Direct Web Infections and Carriers — Infections can be done by other malware which are already present in the target systems. This is also the case with exploits which are done by the hackers using automated platforms and tools targeting unpatched applications.
Team9 Trojan – Virus Capabilities
The Team9 Trojan contains an extensive list of modules which are integrated in it. One of the first actions which is started is the startup check — it verifies if it is the first installation of the threat. If a prior infection is detected a secondary one will not be made. When the malware engine is deployed it will add an entry into the Windows Registry making it run every time the computer is started. This mechanism is also called a persistent installation, other Trojans and versions of this malware can also edit out important parameters such as configuration files and boot options. In some cases the edits can render access to the recovery boot options impossible therefore preventing manual user recovery methods.
The Team9 Trojan is instituted in two versions (32/64-bit) and the appropriate build will be deployed to the victim systems. The next step involves the running of the actual remote control module — it will create a secure connection to a hacker-controlled site that allows the criminals to take over control of the hosts. The Trojan connection also allows for spying on the users and files theft.
In comparison with other malware the execution of the threat will not be instantaneous. This will prevent some of the virus detection signatures to locate the malware.
One of the most important steps taken by the virus will be to inject itself into system applications. In this case this are the Windows system services svchost, explorer and cmd. The system changes which are done by the main engine include the setting up of the threat as a Scheduled task to the Windows startup. A shortcut will also be added to the Startup folder and will hijack existing entries.
An analysis of the captured versions of the Team9 Trojan shows that the following commands are implemented:
- Delay Time Execution Adjustment — Using this command the criminals can adjust the time of delayed execution between the local client requests.
- Information Gathering — This will force the collection of sensitive information that is contained within the system. The included buffer will automatically start to collect information and send it to the hackers controllers.
- Downloading and Injection of Code — This will retrieve a file from a remote server and inject it into a running process using a special technique that will hide it.
- DLL File Running — This will retrieve a DLL files and execute it on the host computer.
- Batch File Running — This command will run a batch file on the infected computers./li>
- PowerShell Script Running — This allows the hackers to deliver a PowerShell script to the remote computers and run it on them.
- Tasks Termination — This will stop all running modules on a given computer.
- Files Theft — This option is used to hijack any data that is stored on the computer’s hard drive and accessible storage.
- Trojan Removal — This will remove all components of the Team9 Trojan.
Regarding the information collection module the made security analysis has revealed the type of information that is retrieved:
Operating system information, Operating system architecture, NETBIOS name of the infected host, Username of the infected user, Backdoor’s file path, Infected host time zone, , Processes list, Keyboard language, Antivirus name and installed applications, Infected host’s external IP, Shared drives, Shared drives in the domain, Trust domains, Infected host administrators, Domain admins.
Multiple domains are being used in the detected attack campaign all bearing names of legitimate sounding services. This also adds confusion to the visitors which can further manipulate the victims.
Team9 Trojan – Virus Removal GUIDE
In order to fully remove this infection from your computer system, recommendations are to try the automatic removal guidelines below. They are particularly created in order to assist you separate this malware first of all and after that remove it’s destructive files. If you lack the experience in malware removal, the best method and most reliable one according to safety professionals is to use an innovative anti-malware software program. Such will not just immediately get rid of the Team9 infection from your computer system, yet will certainly additionally ensure that your computer system remains shielded versus future infections.
Preparation before removing Team9 Trojan.
Before starting the actual removal process, we recommend that you do the following preparation steps.
- Make sure you have these instructions always open and in front of your eyes.
- Do a backup of all of your files, even if they could be damaged. You should back up your data with a cloud backup solution and insure your files against any type of loss, even from the most severe threats.
- Be patient as this could take a while.
Team9 Trojan FAQ
What Does Team9 Trojan Trojan Do?
The Team9 Trojan Trojan is a malicious computer program designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system.
It can be used to steal sensitive data, gain control over a system, or launch other malicious activities.
Can Trojans Steal Passwords?
Yes, Trojans, like Team9 Trojan, can steal passwords. These malicious programs are designed to gain access to a user's computer, spy on victims and steal sensitive information such as banking details and passwords.
Can Team9 Trojan Trojan Hide Itself?
Yes, it can. A Trojan can use various techniques to mask itself, including rootkits, encryption, and obfuscation, to hide from security scanners and evade detection.
Can a Trojan be Removed by Factory Reset?
Yes, a Trojan can be removed by factory resetting your device. This is because it will restore the device to its original state, eliminating any malicious software that may have been installed. Bear in mind, that there are more sophisticated Trojans, that leave backdoors and reinfect even after factory reset.
Can Team9 Trojan Trojan Infect WiFi?
Yes, it is possible for a Trojan to infect WiFi networks. When a user connects to the infected network, the Trojan can spread to other connected devices and can access sensitive information on the network.
Can Trojans Be Deleted?
Yes, Trojans can be deleted. This is typically done by running a powerful anti-virus or anti-malware program that is designed to detect and remove malicious files. In some cases, manual deletion of the Trojan may also be necessary.
Can Trojans Steal Files?
Yes, Trojans can steal files if they are installed on a computer. This is done by allowing the malware author or user to gain access to the computer and then steal the files stored on it.
Which Anti-Malware Can Remove Trojans?
Anti-malware programs such as SpyHunter are capable of scanning for and removing Trojans from your computer. It is important to keep your anti-malware up to date and regularly scan your system for any malicious software.
About the Team9 Trojan Research
The content we publish on SensorsTechForum.com, this Team9 Trojan how-to removal guide included, is the outcome of extensive research, hard work and our team’s devotion to help you remove the specific trojan problem.
How did we conduct the research on Team9 Trojan?
Please note that our research is based on an independent investigation. We are in contact with independent security researchers, thanks to which we receive daily updates on the latest malware definitions, including the various types of trojans (backdoor, downloader, infostealer, ransom, etc.)
Furthermore, the research behind the Team9 Trojan threat is backed with VirusTotal.
To better understand the threat posed by trojans, please refer to the following articles which provide knowledgeable details.