NetFilter also known as Win64/Riskware.NetFilter is classified as a Trojan horse that is designed to steal the user’s sensitive data and allow remote access to the affected machine. The presence of NetFilter on your machine can be indicated by system slowdowns or freezes. Users are advised to take immediate action and remove NetFilter from their computer using a powerful anti-spyware solution.
How Is NetFilter Distributed?
NetFilter can infiltrate the user’s system in each of the following ways:
- As the user visits corrupt web pages.
- Through drive-by downloads.
- Via bundled downloads of freeware.
- By downloading attachments to spam email messages.
Trojans are typically hard to detect, but the damage they cause to the affected PC can be severe.
How Does NetFilter Operate?
- Resetting the default settings.
- Disabling the firewall.
- Bypassing detection by active AV products.
- Opening a backdoor on the compromised machine and connecting to a remote host in order to receive instructions from the attackers.
- Steal private information.
- Inserting harmful codes to the registry.
- Causing system instability and sudden crashes.
- Creating new malicious files.
- Downloading and installing suspicious programs (including adware and malware).
How to Remove NetFilter from the Affected PC?
Trojans are not only hard to detect, but they can also be quite tricky to remove. Since NetFilter is able to bypass AV detection, users are advised to install a powerful anti-spyware tool in Safe Mode and then eliminate the threat permanently.
The manual below will help you delete NetFilter from your computer completely.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter
- Guide 1: How to Remove NetFilter from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of NetFilter from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove NetFilter from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase NetFilter from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall NetFilter from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove NetFilter from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate NetFilter from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove NetFilter from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove NetFilter
Step 2: Uninstall NetFilter and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by NetFilter on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by NetFilter there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of NetFilter from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall NetFilter and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove NetFilter via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove malware from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts, programs and malware, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. Combo Cleaner offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove NetFilter from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase NetFilter from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall NetFilter from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove NetFilter from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the NetFilter will be removed.
Eliminate NetFilter from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.