Security researchers have detected TopAntiSpyware as a serious threat, a type of a Trojan horse. Even though more research is needed to confirm that TopAntiSpyware is a Trojan, it is already clear that TopAntiSpyware is a malicious application. Once installed on a system, the malicious software will start generating fake security and system alerts claiming that the PC has been flooded with spyware. As a matter of fact, TopAntiSpyware is the spyware itself.
TopAntiSpyware General Description
TopAntiSpyware may be written with the sole purpose to steal the user’s data and interfere with his online experience. The suspicious application is linked to the following files:
- runsrv32.dll – A library file containing malicious code. It may be injected by other threats, or it may function on its own.
- r.exe – If detected on a system, the user should be certain that a malicious program has sneaked into his PC. Researchers have reported that r.exe is installed and employed by TopAntiSpyware.
What Does TopAntiSpyware Do?
Here is a list of TopAntiSpyware’s properties:
- TopAntiSpyware can connect to the Internet.
- TopAntiSpyware can hide from the user and could only be detected by real anti-spyware tools.
- TopAntiSpyware can run in the background and seriously affect the PC’s condition.
Should I remove TopAntiSpyware?
The longer the malicious application is running, the more vulnerable the system is. That is why affected users should immediately scan their machines so that all components of the threats are detected and eliminated accordingly. Have a look at the guide provided below the article.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter